Discussion: White Nationalist Coast Guard Officer Isn't Facing Terrorism Charges

Well it certainly looks like the Coast Guard Officer did something.

Looks like a disturbed loner to me.

2 Likes

And lots of thoughts and prayers (even though sheā€™s a heathen and got what she deserved*).

*snark alert

2 Likes

He seems niceā€¦

2 Likes

and

A Coast Guard spokesman has said Hasson will remain on active duty until the case against him is resolved.

He even gets to keep his pay.

4 Likes

Last year(2018), a series of investigative reports by ProPublica and ā€œFrontlineā€ found multiple members of violent neo-Nazi groups among the ranks of the military.

And a 2017 poll conducted by the Military Times found that nearly 25 percent of service members surveyed said they encountered white nationalists within their ranks. That poll found that 30 percent of troops said they saw white nationalism as a bigger threat to national security than the wars in Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/white-white-nationalists-have-infiltrated-the-military-report-reveals/

4 Likes

He could bring some much-needed diversity to Guantanamo Bay.

7 Likes

Innocent until etc. But if I were his commanding officer, I would isolate him in an assignment location where he could not harm his fellow service members or others.

2 Likes

White nationalism

This story would be hard to believe, except that this is something that literally happens ALL THE TIME.

2 Likes

Sad to say, this isnā€™t surprising. Depressing, but not surprising.

What would the actual crime be? Couldnā€™t he argue that his hit list was just ā€œfantasyā€ or maybe ā€œworld building for short storiesā€? Having a shit ton of guns is clearly A-OK for whatever reason so that donā€™t count.

Sooooooo, when does his promotion / pay raise come through?

MAGAā€™ing all up in here.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available