Discussion: White House Still Won't Answer Whether Trump Believes Climate Science

Science doesn’t care whether you believe it or not.

14 Likes

As a former coworker said " YOU can’t screw Mother Nature !"

2 Likes

15 Likes

Just relax, intrepid reporters! He’s going to tweet later on that it is a hoax, I don’t know why you expect a press secretary to answer questions.

6 Likes

4 Likes

We need some entertainment

3 Likes

“Trump has said ‘I’m not a believer in global warming. I’m not a believer in man-made global warming.’ And he has called climate change a hoax created by the Chinese in order to economically damage America.”

“People’s opinions are mainly designed to make them feel comfortable; truth, for most people, is a secondary consideration.” – Bertrand Russell

11 Likes

Maybe they should hire a lawyer to which the administration could refer this question.

8 Likes

Or maybe hire a weather man

5 Likes

They already know which way they blow.

7 Likes

…and they do, indeed, blow.

7 Likes

Depends?

10 Likes

Trump should also announce gravity is a hoax and have the U.S. refuse to participate in a world constrained by “fake forces”.

7 Likes

“I think Administrator Pruitt pointed out that what the President is focused on is making sure we have clean water, clean air and making sure we have the best deal for American workers”

For Spice that’s still mild.

Sean Spicer regularly uses the stupefying form of speech that George Orwell called ‘duckspeak’

But my point here is more general — his vocabulary and his style.

“Incredible graciousness” — Saudi Arabia’s monarchy. “A historic turning point that people will be talking about for many years to come” — his speech in Riyadh. “Right direction” — that’s where Trump moved NATO. “Holistic solution” — that’s what’s in store for ISIS. “Robust agenda” — that’s what Trump has. “Unbelievably qualified” — his Cabinet. “Fairly unbelievable” — his relationship with Angela Merkel. “Did a great job” — that’s what the president did, though I expect it will serve for my 11-year-old grandson’s forthcoming performance in the school play.”

As for “such sweeping reassurance,” what was that again? Reassurance (of foreigners) that America is interested in the world? Assurance (in the eyes of Americans) that America stands first?

Spicer’s offering is not aimless noise. It has a purpose. It reduces the world to black-and-white. It shows decisiveness. It’s the verbal equivalent of a body slam or a phony smile.

Spicer’s style rouses the faithful by short-circuiting any neural pathway that might lend itself to a complex thought. It resembles the form of speech that George Orwell described, in his appendix to 1984, as duckspeak, whose

intention was to make speech, and especially speech on any subject not ideologically neutral, as nearly as possible independent of consciousness…

@mattinpa
@irasdad
@ralph_vonholst

9 Likes

actions speak louder than words, so what tiny hands “thinks” doesn’t really matter so long as his greed is in control of his actions

2 Likes

We are, alas, no longer a ‘charming rogue’ state and have now gone full on ‘despicable bounder state.’

3 Likes

God is Pruitt painful to watch.

Awful.

1 Like

4 Likes

Author of MIT climate study says Trump got it wrong

Reilly said people at MIT have yet to have any contact with the White House over their use of the study – and don’t plan on reaching out.

"I think they are probably immune to fact," he said.

12 Likes