Discussion: White House: 'Absurd' To Suggest KS Shooting Linked To Trump's Rhetoric

When I think “muted trombone,” I think of Charlie Brown in the principal’s office. That’s a trombone played through a mute, isn’t it?

No offense to the musical range and capabilities of the mighty and beautiful trombone that it can evoke a generic droning “adult” so perfectly as well …

How high above sea level is WH-south?

You must be new here.

A tun of tuna

A calico of cats

A cary of grants

Hahaha. I know these are not correct. But they are fun.

A bannon of hateful, ignorant idiots.

Since 2013 and you haven’t noticed…

It was more faux outrage than anything. Lots of strange noises can come out of a trombone. Tommy Pederson played with Spike Jones’ City Slickers and made all manner of weird sounds. Peter Schikele stuck a bassoon bocal and reed on a trombone to make a tromboon, combining the worst features of both instruments.

If my memory is working right, Hoyt Bohannon did the principal’s voice on the Charlie Brown 'toons. It is done with a stem-in harmon muted trombone and a plunger instead of a hand. I think there was some additional post-processing, but I’m not certain of that.

1 Like

Where are the 3:00 AM tweets denouncing white idiots?

Harmon sounds right. I used one with the trumpet now and then way back when I played the trumpet.

That’s some outstanding knowledge. Love me some P.D.Q. Bach!

1 Like

That is a very nice quotation, thanks !

Named Chargé d´Affaires in April, 2016.

Don’t worry. Trump’ll find some incompetent flunky soon enough to take the post.

If Trump didn’t inspire the Kansas shooting, then the idea that ISIS inspires the San Bernardino shooting must be absurd also.

1 Like

Nattering nabobs of negativism.

I think Mar-A-Lagoon is about 10 feet above sea level.

Great location for an off-shore drilling site.

This admin is the absolute epitome of

Trump to victim’s family:
“You brought this on yourself! If you had stayed in … (hey Kellyanne, where did you say they were from?) … where you belong, this wouldn’t have happened. Sad.”

What a bizarre exercise in governance this is: government by adjectives. And adjectives intended to mischaracterize each and every thing they describe. What are the things we will remember from this administration? “Rigged,” “Absurd,” “Fake” “Bad,” “Sad,” “Shameful,” etc. Not a great deal to go on as far as governing well goes.

**You are a fucking idiot. **

Here’s a tip for you all Caucasian supremacist motherfuckers out there… this country doesn’t belong to any of you & it was the land of the native Americans who your predecessors exterminated like insects. And these are absolutely fucking lies that you have been preaching i.e. your hatred of people of middle eastern origin & islamophobia… by doing this you are completely stripping yourselves off everything humane (given if there’s even anything of that sort at all left inside these utter scumbags). Fuck you all Caucasian supremacist basrterds to the hell… to the max.

he didn’t say the magic words, “Trump said I could do it!”, so it doesn’t count.

Mexico targeting Trump states is an excellent strategy to strip off GOP elected officials from Don the Con’s stupid wall idea. Kudos to Mexico.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available