Discussion: White House: 'Absurd' To Suggest KS Shooting Linked To Trump's Rhetoric

when a man gets on NATIONAL TV and encourages PREJUDICE against brown people, of course. he is responsible when another deluded fool acts on his words…words matter,MR.TRUMP…

1 Like

Not wanting to alienate the white murderer sympathizers using the word absurd is a tell to their lie.

As a trombonist, I’m really offended to have my instrument compared to Spicey’s voice. Even with a mute in, it’s so much nobler than Spicey’s voice.

1 Like

@tena Isn’t it an exaltation of larks?

ETA: Sorry thunderclap – I hit the wrong Reply button.

It’s also Absurd to think that the pres select and his lemmons have taken over the white house.
But it did happen, hopefully for just a tiny bit more time.

Yes, it is—but it wasn’t I who made the original remark.

Anyone want to bet what the White House response would have been if Srinivas Kuchibhotla had shot Adam Purinton? They’d be slapping a travel ban on India, even if Kuchibhotla was a U.S.citizen.

1 Like

Trump oozes hatred from every pore, so tell me again why it’s absurd.

1 Like

Not our fault if some poor, demented fool actually thinks Trump believes what he says.

1 Like

as a die-hard trombone fan, I couldn’t agree more!

When I think “muted trombone,” I think of Charlie Brown in the principal’s office. That’s a trombone played through a mute, isn’t it?

No offense to the musical range and capabilities of the mighty and beautiful trombone that it can evoke a generic droning “adult” so perfectly as well …

How high above sea level is WH-south?

You must be new here.

A tun of tuna

A calico of cats

A cary of grants

Hahaha. I know these are not correct. But they are fun.

A bannon of hateful, ignorant idiots.

Since 2013 and you haven’t noticed…

It was more faux outrage than anything. Lots of strange noises can come out of a trombone. Tommy Pederson played with Spike Jones’ City Slickers and made all manner of weird sounds. Peter Schikele stuck a bassoon bocal and reed on a trombone to make a tromboon, combining the worst features of both instruments.

If my memory is working right, Hoyt Bohannon did the principal’s voice on the Charlie Brown 'toons. It is done with a stem-in harmon muted trombone and a plunger instead of a hand. I think there was some additional post-processing, but I’m not certain of that.

1 Like

Where are the 3:00 AM tweets denouncing white idiots?

Harmon sounds right. I used one with the trumpet now and then way back when I played the trumpet.

That’s some outstanding knowledge. Love me some P.D.Q. Bach!

1 Like

That is a very nice quotation, thanks !

Named Chargé d´Affaires in April, 2016.

Don’t worry. Trump’ll find some incompetent flunky soon enough to take the post.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available