Discussion: When Narratives Collide: Dems Unite With Anti-Deep State GOPers To Demand Docs

An example for all to embrace, if your Congress isn’t doing it for you, why are focused on the Executive branch?

Oh wait, current Executive Branch is, or was, a Tweet away of being “non” important.

1 Like

First, I applaud this turn of events, even with the mysterious tide of background politics going on, which nobody controls. Really, if insurrection were easy, everyone would be doing it. Since it’s hard, Trump can’t.

Second, may I say it’s such a relief that know that “crazy” can out-run even Russian Agent Donald J Trump. Everybody in America is apparently free to go crazy, and we should have that right. Our forefathers died to make it so, just for us. My point is this. By simple math, there’s comes times when the mass of crazy surpasses the psychosis of any single crazy.

This is that time. We are the… uh, you know…

1 Like

“imagine the outrage from my friends across the aisle had our intelligence community contemplated such actions against President Obama.”

This is the tell.

4 Likes

I use the term “Derp State” to avoid any confusion.

1 Like

Off topic:

6 Likes

(speaking of Colbert…)

3 Likes

Yeah we saw it. Colbert was great last night.

1 Like

There “wasn’t conspiracy” like Campaigns and SuperPacs “don’t coordinate”

6 Likes

Had a cat who did that. Mostly when she was upset (when we cat sat a neighbor’s cat)

1 Like

7 Likes

You nailed it…

1 Like

“The path forward requires us to identify the origins of an investigation "

Republican Dep AG Rosenstein, who appointed Republican Mueller

that deceitfully undermined America’s faith in our democracy and distracted us from our actual enemy,”

Which is Russia, the reason for the special counsel.

There. That was easy.

2 Likes

i think that this is one of those “be careful what you ask for situations” for the gops.

2 Likes

How it began? Wasn’t it with the Republican controlled Congress?

1 Like

Just proves the truism of “Politics makes strange bedfellows”.

Remember that moment in an Obama - Romney debate when Barack said, “Please proceed, Senator” when Mitt was making an attack? It completely broke Romney’s stride. Well Republicans collectively aren’t aware enough to smell the trap they laid out for themselves.
I think it would be a very good thing for a years worth of headlines such as “FISA Warrant: Estonian Intel Warned US Of Putin-Trump Link”. Let’s get it all out there.
And Hannity told them it would scare the Dems and expose the Deep State. Dems should proceed even if these guys suddenly drop off. Why were so many countries warning about this and what alarmed experienced Intel top officers into launching investigations? We know most of it already (except what’s in the Mueller report) but by all means let’s remind the nation and make some folks aware of it for the first time.

1 Like

A lot hinges on what Mueller will say in House committee hearings. He’s a straight shooter.

I imagine the following questions asked of Mueller.

1. How many pages long was your report?
  2. How many pages of supporting information was created or collected that was used to generate your report?
    If the report was comprehensive, then the answer to (1) will likely be in the hundreds, and the answer to (2) likely in the tens-of-thousands.
    Now, if the report and documents are all stored electronically, then “pages” may be irrelevant.

I imagine the committees asking questions like
(3) why didn’t you subpoena BLOTUS?
(4) what was your criterion for establishing collusion/conspiracy/corrupt-intent?

I am not a lawyer. However, I suspect that once the MSM starts hearing the information and nuances coming from Mueller, then I suspect a hell of a lot of interest will not be quelled. It will explode Toadglans. The question here is can Barr keep Mueller from testifying? Surely there is little or no Executive Privilege given that Mueller never spoke with Trumplethinskin.

3 Likes

The Russians’ desire to spite the Clintons has been aligned with Republicans’ political ambition at least since NATO bombed the Serbs out of Kosovo. It should not go unnoticed that the late Senator McCain earned a whole bunch of “maverick” by supporting that NATO campaign when the Republican party line was against.

The Rump’s desperation for financing, after multiple bankruptcies left him radioactive to every legitimate financial institution, coincides with this curious alignment between Republicans and Russians. And he still can’t let McCain rest in peace.

To say The Rump colluded with Russians is far too impersonal, because their interests have been so aligned for so long and they’ve breathed so much of the same air. It’s a bit like accusing my wife and me of conspiring to keep our son out of football.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available