Discussion: WH Pushes For Obama Probes: Those Who Want To Move On 'Got This Party Started'

Add magenta or deep purple to that green and it can look terrific.

3 Likes

“I think we ought to know what happened in that last administration. What we do know didn’t happen is that the Obama administration and the President himself knew that Russia was trying to interfere in our election and did nothing about it,”

They “did nothing about it” because both the Republican Speaker of the House (Paul Ryan) and the Republican Leader of the Senate (Mitch McConnell) screamed bloody murder when they were told about it and threatened to “bury” Obama and the Democrats and “destroy them” if they spoke one single word about it publicly.

They always seem to leave that part out for some reason…

13 Likes

[quote=“susanintheoc, post:38, topic:86101”]
Why did autocorrect capitalize Repukes?
[/quote]When it puts it in all caps, you’ve got a problem.

2 Likes

“So sure, let’s at least see who did what when…"

Says the lady with deep ties to…

(checks notes)

Cambridge Analytica.

17 Likes

don’t care for it myself - except on lemons, then it’s quite cheery

3 Likes

It definitely has its place and I agree about lemons.

4 Likes

it’s more a track suit color - but it looks nasty on everyone

2 Likes

Conway: “Cambridge is a great school and I’m sure that you would agree, if you weren’t so democraty.”

4 Likes

The Obama administration was put in a tough spot because Ryan & Mitch were not going to play nice.

We also had Trump saying months before November 2016 that the election is fixed.

5 Likes

many women look good in red - blonds with a strong skin tone, yes

4 Likes

I really don’t like to see people wear it. I’ll put it that way. hahahahaha

My mom loved yellow and used to dress me in it when I was too young to protest.

7 Likes

I love red.

5 Likes

Arguably, Obama should have done more about Russian interference in 2016, Indeed, I would argue that he did far too little. But what was the primary reason for this inaction? Because when he called in Congressional leaders in the fall to discuss the IC’s conclusions on Russian interference and fashion a public bipartisan response, the Mouth of Sauron (AKA the senior senator from Kentucky) opposed any response and declared that he would brand any response by the Administration as a nakedly partisan action to influence the election. Obama, displaying his most worst flaw–timidity in the face of Republicans, punted. He shouldn’t have.

By all means, let’s have public hearings on this. Let’s see the vile Turtle Man attempt to spin his blatantly treasonous actions. (And yes, I am quite aware that McConnells actions, as typically odious as they are, are not even close to the legal definition of treason. But if Unser Drumpfenfuhrer can casually throw this word around as a generally pejorative term, WTF, I can too.)

6 Likes

I like red on other women, i’m too washed out to wear it. even in my youth.

1 Like

Somebody did a good job on the facelift. Nice eye work too - got rid of the huge bags.

Not that any of it matters, really, but someone in the public eye usually tries harder to have a camera-ready appearance.

2 Likes

She wins today

3 Likes

Unfettered testimony from Obama will wipe that smug grin from her face - let’s go

3 Likes

I think we should have big ass public hearings on the whole thing. I think Obama should testify, McConnell should be forced to testify and everyone who had the slightest connection should testify. I want to hear it all - and the public should hear it all.

12 Likes

In a secure room in the Capitol used for briefings involving classified information, administration officials broadly laid out the evidence U.S. spy agencies had collected, showing Russia’s role in cyber-intrusions in at least two states and in hacking the emails of the Democratic organizations and individuals.

And they made a case for a united, bipartisan front in response to what one official described as “the threat posed by unprecedented meddling by a foreign power in our election process.”

The Democratic leaders in the room unanimously agreed on the need to take the threat seriously. Republicans, however, were divided, with at least two GOP lawmakers reluctant to accede to the White House requests.

According to several officials, McConnell raised doubts about the underlying intelligence and made clear to the administration that he would consider any effort by the White House to challenge the Russians publicly an act of partisan politics.

Some of the Republicans in the briefing also seemed opposed to the idea of going public with such explosive allegations in the final stages of an election, a move that they argued would only rattle public confidence and play into Moscow’s hands.

9 Likes

As predicted the over reach commences. The best news of the day is that he is going after health care. The orange Caligula puts his revenge plan into play and the GOP is going to be left holding the bag. How happy are you now, turtle man?

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available