Discussion: WH Pushes For Obama Probes: Those Who Want To Move On 'Got This Party Started'

Behold the original Thin White Duke.

1 Like

Saw Iggy Pop for $8.00 in a campus bar, back in '75. Finished his first set, everyone took a break to roll and smoke. Came back on stage. Halfway into the first song Bowie parts the curtain, sits down at an old, beat up house upright piano, and bangs away, chain smoking, for the second set. He gets up and leaves with a few notes of the final song to play. Never waves or acknowledges the audience, just walks back behind the stage curtain. It’s Iggy’s show, he is just passing through.
Probably 200 of us there, tops.

Bowie and Iggy. $8.00. Not a bad deal.

5 Likes

Aren’t these gaslighters the same folks who spent the past two years trashing the professionalism of the FBI and intelligence agencies yet would never question law enforcement and even venerate them be it incompetent brutal wayward cops or the Hoover era FBI.

2 Likes

Other people read them as instruction manuals.

The modern GOP, perhaps?

2 Likes

Naw… Too many syllables and confusing words, not enough pictures.

1 Like

I saw Iggy in 1969 at a rock fest in northern WI. Of course, he didn’t have a shirt on, was drunk as hell and most likeley totally fucked up. When he dove in to the crowd the crowd parted and he belly flopped on the ground from about 8 feet. He got up cursing the crowd, got back on stage, didn’t miss a beat and jumped back in to the crowd. They caught him that time.

3 Likes

3 Likes

We are taking a cruise there in November if Viking is still in business

4 Likes

Republicans, of course, have no interest in investigating any such thing. They do not want the American people to be reminded as to why Trump campaign’s relationship with Russia looked suspicious in the first place. But constantly claiming you want something investigated, while doing everything to prevent it, is part of the disinformation playbook. Convince your gullible base that there is a conspiracy to uncover, if only someone would look into it, but since that’s not happening, let’s just wildly speculate.

1 Like

I’m sure you will be impressed with the 17th and early 18th century architecture… and the wine. Gorgeous place. Let me know what you think when you get back.

2 Likes

Bring it on … I’d love to have Obama testify everything he knew … let’s have an open congressional hearing to let all the details out … maybe Mueller could clarify his thinking as well.

1 Like

The only reason to wear it is to literally not get shot.

2 Likes

on pumpkins it’s ok, but that’s it

2 Likes

As a kid my favorite colors were yellow and orange together. That was probably ok back then. Think I have one bright yellow sweater, but that’s it for those colors.

1 Like

sounds like you were a cheerful child

2 Likes

Well same cat left a honkin’ sore on her lip there.

2 Likes

The same pretzel logic said Obama was a diabolical genius able as a newborn to place newspaper stories to swing an election 45 years in advance while being too stupid, being black an’ all, to run the gov’t.

It all makes perfect sense, as long as you check your brain at the door.

2 Likes

What a fucking liar! Jesus Christ! And, KAC, don’t wear puke yellow. It makes you uglier than usual.

1 Like

Aren’t they right back to trashing them by saying they must investigate whoever started these probes? It wasn’t a Democrat who did that.

2 Likes

There going to regret this one. Obama administration was professional and competent. And they had a completely only willing partner in Mitch McConnell and the GOP. We know the Republicans pushed back on every move Obama wanted to make so . . . there will just be more dirt dumped on her party.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available