Discussion: WH Preps To Resist Dem Inquiries, Force Legal Battle If Subpoenas Arrive

I have an excerpt from their statement

We shall obstruct them on the beaches, we shall obstruct them on the landing grounds, we shall obstruct them in the fields and in the streets, we shall obstruct them in the hills; we shall never surrender. NO COLLISION! TOTAL EXONERATION!

1 Like

Washington DC has the highest number of lawyers per capita in the country. I practiced there for 11 years. At that time, one in ten adults in the District were lawyers. Trump canā€™t seem to find a one single decent lawyer in the place.

The strategy planned by these borderline attorneys is for one audience, what Peter Baker from the NYT yesterday called the United Base of America. More to the point, Iā€™ve said here before that the best fight with Trump, from the peopleā€™s point of view, is a fight over a subpoena. Rudy must have slept through Watergate and Whitewater. US v Nixon is ā€œsettled lawā€; Bill Clinton was not immune to a proper subpoena. If ā€œIā€™m the presidentā€ is his position, that has already been litigated and lost.

At the end of the day, we will have an answer to the Rule of Law question about Trump: will he obey an order of the federal courts? There is absolutely no reason to assume that this case would automatically end up before the Supreme Court.

4 Likes

The House Dems would do well to heed Giulianiā€™s warning, because he has some serious teeth and nails:

2 Likes

WH Preps To Resist Dem Inquiries, Force Legal Battle If Subpoenas Arrive

Thereā€™s a typo in the headline.

It should read ā€œWH Perpsā€¦ā€

1 Like

Yup :

Oh, theyā€™re there. They just donā€™t want to work for him.

True, true. I practiced there for 11 years. Of course there is a famous joke about the number of lawyers compared to the number of rats in DC. The punchline is that NIH prefers lawyers to rats as research subjects because:

There are more layers than rats in DC;

The researchers are less likely to form emotional bonds with the lawyers; and

Fundamentally l, there are some things rays will not do.

Only lawyers get to tell that joke, so please donā€™t repeat it.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available