Discussion: WH Overrules Intel Officials, Grants Access To Classified FBI Informant Files

1 Like

House Intelligent Committee, that’s a oxymoron right?

11 Likes

We are shocked, shocked that Donald Trump and his Clown Car of Congressional Committee Allies, who just got done making fools of themselves yesterday, are willing to disclose this information. It will give them hundreds of tidbits to continue to stoke their inbred conspiracy theorizations. And, it is part of Donald Trump’s generalized campaign to obstruct justice on the investigation of himself.

13 Likes

In normal times, the intelligence community should do its job absolutely under the direction of the executive branch, and not strike out on its own as an independent authority center it was never meant to be. But these are not normal times, and if for the good of the nation they want to do what they can to undermine a rogue, dangerous administration, this is one knee-jerk liberal who says go for it, gang. Ultimately it strengthens the rule of law.

21 Likes

These guys really ARE clowns. WTF are they doing?
Hope they all go down in flames.

2 Likes

Chum for Fox news and the base.

Elected Republicans will crow about the info and how bad it is.

2 Likes

When you don’t listen to your own IC, and in fact, undermine them at every opportunity, it’s a huge win for Putin. Slowly but surely, we’re being destroyed from within.

14 Likes

New message to potential informants:

“See something? Don’t say something.”

1 Like

So the White House gets to order the outing of confidential inteligence assissts involved in investigating their actions during the campaign that put them in the White House. Yep, no obvious conflicts of interest there, no sirree.

13 Likes

Agree with everything you said here, but for the “slowly” part

14 Likes

I assume it is just a matter of time until we cross the Rubicon, with the first use of Novichok on American soil.

Pour encourager les autres.

6 Likes

A bar patron gets increasingly drunk and belligerent. He manages to offend, one by one, every damned person in the establishment. Tempers flare, people are pissed. some leave, costing the owner revenue and reputation. This goes on, night after night, yet appeals to the manager or outside authorities go ignored. Therefore the drunk feels further emboldened to be a horse’s ass, upping the ante from time to time.
Now, sooner or later someone gets very frustrated that no one wants to address the situation. So, regretfully, they take matters into their own hands. After all, they love this bar, it’s like a home away from home. Their friends are there. Or at least many of them used to be. Now though the joint is kinda ruined for many. Anyway, one night when the drunk is leaving, staggering in the dark alley behind the bar, the problem gets taken care of. He has so many enemies by now, and his reputation for being a loathsome person is univeral, the cops have no damned idea who might have done it. The suspects number in the hundreds.

Just sayin’…

4 Likes

I wonder how long it will be before someone in Congress gives a portion of the info to the press to support Trump. One day? A week?

6 Likes

All members of the committees? Somehow I doubt the ones with a D after their name will get it as promptly.

5 Likes

I think suggesting as much as a day is stretching it.

5 Likes

Where’s my NC senator Burr, standing up for the US against this shit? I don’t feel like he’s been in the news in years.

2 Likes

The White House is an inanimate object. As such, it is incapable of giving orders. Moreover, federal law does not give any authority to the President to direct, carry out, halt or conclude any intelligence operation. That authority is specifically placed by federal law in specific officers of the government, specific cabinet secretaries and agency heads. The president can tell these government officers to do certain things and fire them if they don’t follow his orders. But he can’t personally or officially take action. He must find willing confederates who will do so. And it certainly looks like Trump has found some.

7 Likes

Like so many other things the Tromp administration has revealed about itself, this is very likely to explode in someone’s face.

Was it Hillary?

Trump is essentially a Russian agent.

5 Likes