Discussion: WH Defends Barring CNN Reporter: She Refused To Leave Oval Office

1 Like

Witnesses, schmitnesses.

NOTE: cat is for light relief. Too damned many photos of WH denizens these days…

19 Likes

No, you don’t.

The press, in Trump’s words, are “the enemy.” The conservative problem is a free press.

Here’s yet another “plain sight” lie. Sarah is claiming support of a free press as she’s throwing out a journalist.

14 Likes

“I think it should start here at the White House and just show a little bit more respect,” she said.

Are these peeps snowflakes or what?

11 Likes

8 Likes

It’s not even respect they really want. It’s deference.

26 Likes

I’d go even further and say “grovelling”…

13 Likes
3 Likes

“Respect My Authoritah!”

8 Likes

And Trump counselor Kellyanne Conway said the incident showed the need broadly for more “civility” between reporters and the White House.

“I think it should start here at the White House and just show a little bit more respect,” she said.

I agree, KAC. It should start at the White House.

Of course, you couldn’t find WH civility with an electron microscope.

17 Likes

“To be clear, we support a free press and ask that everyone be respectful of the presidency and guests at the White House,” she said.

It’s not the press’s job to be respectful. At least, not how the Trump administration defines “respectful.”

4 Likes

When the AP goes so far as to say

Other journalists who were in the room disputed the White House account.

That pretty much clinches it.

Also: still explaining, still changing the story. They never quit digging.

11 Likes

And Trump counselor Kellyanne Conway said the incident showed the need broadly for more “civility” between reporters and the White House.

It should indeed start at the White House. You could perhaps remind the disrespecter-in-chief about that the next time he tweets that the press is the enemy of the people.

Respect is very much like loyalty: You get what you give.

8 Likes

WH Defends Barring CNN Reporter: She Refused To Leave Oval Office

Hmm … if we can banish people from the White House for refusing to leave …

9 Likes

Cognitive dissonance…it’s all that I can come up with to explain this behavior. How stupid do they think we are?

4 Likes

Once again they can’t seem to get their story straight… One would think even as simple a story as this would be an easy win.

3 Likes

And so begins the drip drip drip of Bill Shines’ inevitable wraithing and termination. Donny hates bad press and will throw him under the bus.

4 Likes

It’s sorta like being charged only with resisting arrest. But in this case they may have an angle. They claim she refused to leave a prior event so she was barred, prohibited from attending, restricted from access, denied entry but not banned from the later one.

2 Likes

It seems to me that when this first happened, one of the reasons that the WH gave was that she had asked inappropriate questions. I guess that part has been sent down the memory hole along with Putin’s answer about who he favored in the election.
Meanwhile, O’Brien can see us now. Room 101 awaits.

5 Likes

It’s like getting your molars yanked. The sooner you get the pain over the sooner the healing begins. I’m glad Trump put Shine on board. He’s another guy that won’t retrain or guide the POTUS. He’ll just offer ludicrous excuses for Trumps unrestrained actions, like the one he did here, which will hurry up the process of getting the fucking guy out of that oval office.

5 Likes