Discussion: WH Adviser: We Take Climate Change 'Seriously' — Just Not What Causes It

These people will deny until they dry up in the sun because money.

8 Likes

Oh puhleeze… no way that squares with their actions; oh, for an easy example, removing the requirement to factor in sea level rise when government builds in potentially affected areas. For one. Such total liars.

16 Likes

Doesn’t sound as if he takes it seriously at all, except maybe as a potential moneymaker for him and Trump as per that analysis to come, because he’s not talking about the scientific data.

4 Likes

98% of climate scientists agree - the Trump Administration and 98% of Republicans are assholes.

13 Likes

He said the White House would “have to do a larger trend analysis at a later date.”

16 Likes

This is called “trying to have it both ways.” It is a form of corruption.

10 Likes

Truly another milestone in can-do American exceptionalism.

Remember when Murikkka was all like “We’re willing to do anything it address the Polio epidemic…except cure Polio. Here, have a crutch.” 'Member?

10 Likes

“Causality is something outside of my ability to analyze right now,” Bossert replied.

“But as soon as I get my advanced degrees in statistics and fluid thermodynamics, I’ll get back to you. I’ll have it in two to three weeks. It’ll be great. We’ll see what happens.”

14 Likes

"we continue to take seriously the climate change, not the cause of it, but the things that we observe.”

Little bit of a Fruedian slip there, eh? Read as stated, they just literally told us they don’t take seriously the cause of climate change. “Nope, sorry, that’s one rock we’re not looking under because we sortof saw some spoilers…”

4 Likes

Hoorah for Intertubes College!

7 Likes

And a gift wrapped vat of pig poop.

1 Like

We believe that climate change is caused by climate change fairies acting in concert all over the world. We believe that using fossil fuels will counteract the climate change fairies. There’s no fuel like an old fuel.

5 Likes

“We choose to do things, not because they are hard, but because they are easy money, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the cheapest of our energies and skills…”

8 Likes

This guy appears to be a Paul Ryan duplicate.

Gawd help us.

1 Like

Look at his eyes and the way he holds his mouth. You can tell he is lying.

2 Likes

You can listen to the fools or you can listen to the scientists. If you are not a fool, you heed the scientists.

2 Likes

This idiot really said that!!!
Gawd this is the stupidest WH administration ever!
They are going to conduct any analysis of climate change !!! Too too too funny… and PATHETIC.
What idiots!

1 Like

As a scientist, I’m constantly amazed at how hard Republicans have to work to deny the scientific evidence that refutes all of their policy positions about the environment and other scientific issues. It’s clear desperation to avoid anything that can bring out a discussion of the evidence, and denigration of the evidence at every turn. It’s sad that their anti-science propaganda is working with the American population…there’s no doubt that the climate is changing and humans are a major cause among the scientific community, and the reasons are well understood, but getting that point across to people in the face of “scientists are liars who make huge money telling you things that will make your life more expensive” BS propaganda is difficult. The entire world will suffer the consequences though, even if these idiots get pushed out of the way in four years their efforts over the past two decades will cause a lot of heartache.

13 Likes

That’s the part of this whole thing that really gets me - the scientist hate, all based on bullshit (imagine that - a whole hate complex built on bullshit, kinda like the one they built around Hillary.) But then once I thought about it, the idea of the mad scientist who wants to control the world is ridiculous. I’ve never met one of you remotely like that.

6 Likes