Discussion: West Virginia GOPer: My Call For Clinton's Execution Was 'Hyperbole'

1 Like

And my call for you to be strapped down and have boiling hydrochloric acid directly injected into your veins…well, that’s hyperbole, too.

30 Likes

Dumb and ignorant is what it was

4 Likes

Lets have the secret service visit this idiot and decide if it was “hyperbole.” In my view he’s just a street thug like Trump.

29 Likes

In-bleeping-evitable. With twiddle dee dum at the top of the ticket I mean.

ok, ralph. but can we hang him after we’re done with the hyperbole?

2 Likes

This guy already hanged himself, I don’t think he should be trusted with an airliner.

14 Likes

Loose language like this and that of Trump is a big problem within the Republican party and it’s mouthpieces, i.e. Fox News.

Language is a tool which can and has been used be manipulate feelings and emotions. In this case, he’s marginalizing Hillary and possibly inducing a violent act against her.

24 Likes

No call for executing someone can be considered hyperbole, particularly a prominent person.

It is better described as incitement.

This guy needs to be charged with threatening Secretary Clinton.

38 Likes

“It could have been said a little bit better,” Folk said.

By that he means that he should have used the grammatically correct “hanged,” rather than “hung.” He regrets the error.

28 Likes

I would think that United Airlines would be best served
telling Rep Folk he is free to pursue politics as a full-time endeavor.

Just would not want someone this rash-- making decisions flying an airliner I was traveling aboard.
If he isn’t released-- I’ll certainly never board another United flight.

jw1

42 Likes

Mike Folk said that his tweet Friday over Clinton’s use of a private email system while she served as secretary of state was “hyperbole.”

The problem is that in the Trump world, truth, lies and hyperbole are all the same thing. One cannot tell them apart.

13 Likes

He needs to lose his job. Homicidal maniacs with grudges against the world can’t be allowed unfettered access to passenger airplanes which may be turned into weapons of mass murder by any pilot willing to sacrifice himself for the cause. The 9-11 attacks taught us that one the hard way. I don’t see how United can keep Mr. Folk on the payroll after this outburst.

26 Likes

I wasn’t aware commercial aircraft operated in West Virginia.
Apparently, United does not include psychological screening or IQ tests.
Think I continue to fly American…

9 Likes

I doubt that. I’d bet good money that this clown doesn’t have a clue about the difference between “hung” and “hanged”.

Anyway, he should have referred to the second part of his tweet as “parody” rather than “hyperbole”. It’s a post that Eustace would have been proud to have written.

1 Like

Folk is a United Airlines pilot.

He’d fly into a mountain…hyperbole!

2 Likes

by now he wishes he was hung big enough to actually stand by his statement instead of trying to walk it back…

6 Likes

Anybody who’s ever held a responsible job (and this guy apparently has 2, pilot and lawmaker) understands that in order to be clearly understood, it’s necessary to say exactly what you mean. So his “hyperbole” explanation is pure BS. At a minimum, it’s “Pandering”. At it’s worst, it’s “Inciting”.

9 Likes

Mikey certainly qualifies as WV crazy Folk, who seems to have a fixation on things well hung.

I’m sure he meant it in the nicest possible way.

2 Likes