Discussion: ‘Weeks, Not Months’ Until Redacted Mueller Report Released Publicly, DOJ Official Says

And… Several years in a Federal Penitentiary. Unless we’ve got another hero-in-waiting like Snowden who is prepared to GTFO to a non-extradition country.

1 Like

You know that this style they prefer is blitzkreig. That they like to quick-strike. I’d like to know what Schiff is doing right now…Could he be talking to Mueller?

2 Likes

Awful lot of people assuming that Mueller’s report will contradict Barr’s summary. If Barr got it horribly wrong, surely Mueller would speak up, like he did when Buzzfeed didn’t get some details exactly right.

We need to be ready to accept that Mueller is not the superhero we wanted/needed him to be. He is a Republican company man first and foremost, and Republicans protect their own.

Parallel Reconstruction. Schiff and the rest already have probably 90% of the materials in hand. And they can’t use any of it legally, because it’s classified. And the one who gets to control what is classified wears an orange mop on his head… They want the Report to come public because then they can talk openly about what they know.

That was the story behind the Republicans saying that Schiff and the rest should be called out for their evidence. It’s disingenuous, the Republicans have the same stuff. But they know Schiff is trapped by that, unless the stuff becomes declassified through the release of the report…

What a wonderful fucking mess of a country we’ve built.

3 Likes

Trump would not be doing his with an exculpatory Report.

3 Likes

Forget it Jake, it’s Republicans.

5 Likes

This is a bit of a hedge, but I’d prefer that the report came via normal channels.

I’m ok with leaks (up to a point), but now is a good time for the hoaxes to start.

2 Likes

No idea, I haven’t seen the Mueller report.

1 Like

Can you clarify what you mean?

I believe that was Benjamin Franklin’s philosophy.

1 Like

Already got a copy. Mueller just phoned in the whole thing, just took the Steele Dossier and slapped his name at the top. Despite the obvious plagiarism, doesn’t change any of the underlying facts…

6 Likes

Some rare but heartening exceptions, as I say:

https://twitter.com/michelleinbklyn/status/1110525289027850241

5 Likes

The best part is that the little we end up with, if you condense it all, is going to look like Mueller spent $50M beating off in his office for 2 years in between ice cream breaks. I predict the question “they want us to believe it took him 2 years and $50M dollars of investigation to discover THAT? That’s it?” is going to be a question on everyone’s lips…particularly the GOP, who will be using the appearance of wasted money as a bludgeon.

2 Likes

Not much and very little, I’d guess.

Let’s take stock here. Trump is guilty of_______________________________ (lots of stuff)

And that is the dominant assumption on this thread. That’s tremendously important going forward. We are wonks here, but across America, the people feel better with scenario A below than scenario B:

A Trump is guilty and doesn’t want America to know

B Trump did little or nothing wrong

What Josh and the rest of us are now grappling with is that we have a would-be dictator who would like to use every tool he has in his belt to stay in power. And that is a tough (but different) nut to crack.

ETA bear in mind that the “I’m Exonerated!!!” Theme fits well for Trump even as he tightens the fascist screws on the country. He is talking to the Base, as always

4 Likes

Didn’t Sister Sarah already plop this one out this weekend in her interview with Samantha Guthrie? I’m already seeing this one repeated by the redhats in various online forums.

1 Like

Not sure…I missed that interview because, well, why would I watch it? haha

The problem is that Barr exonerated Trump based on the Mueller report. If I’m investigated for murder and the prosecutor sends it up to the AG for a prosecution decision and the AG says, Not enough evidence, we won’t prosecute, in the eyes of the law I’m as innocent as a newborn lamb in another country. The scandal of the Barr letter is precisely that he and Rosenstein took it upon themselves to dismiss the obstruction of justice matter.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s just me… But when Trump gets up in the Summer of '16 and says he’s got no deals, nothing to do with Russia, and the Russian PM backs him on that in a statement… While both know that that isn’t true…

There is no option “b” that he’s not a treasonous piece of shit.

Whether we can “prove” that in a court of law, and whether the NSA would reveal the evidence that we know they have (they intercept every international communication and it goes to that massive data center in Utah) to support the case, is an open question.

But if the Senate wasn’t led by a bunch of similarly treasonous fucks, the remedy of impeachment, conviction and removal from office would clearly apply.

2 Likes

Or the day after the election whether or not Trump wins. By leak, not by release.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available