Discussion: ‘Weeks, Not Months’ Until Redacted Mueller Report Released Publicly, DOJ Official Says

Actually, this may help the battle. It’s too over the top.

1 Like

Just came back from a walk. We will recover, but Barr injected a colossal amount of mistrust in the DOJ system. And I have not even talked about how Barr’s letter negated a great deal of professional respect for Bob Mueller. Today, I ran across a number of people in effect calling Mueller a GOP hack.

Barr pulled off a masterful whack-job which at a minimum leaves us with a bunch of negative vibes. People are upset.

4 Likes

It has to be leaked. We won’t see it otherwise until 2020.

3 Likes

Thumb drive, thumb drive, who’s got the thumb drive?

2 Likes

I have been operating under the assumption that it will be leaked. And soon.

2 Likes

Don;t believe a goddamned word of any of this. Imagine the worst, people. Barr was talking to Trump all the fucking time.

3 Likes

I guess Emmett Flood was the one competent lawyer they managed to find. He’ll leave the “ands” and “thes”. And yes, I do know the famous Mary McCarthy line about Lillian Hellman’s lies …

2 Likes

If Barr was talking to Trump, Trump would have been tweeting about it in nearly real-time. He can’t keep his mouth shut.

1 Like

I hope you’re right. I don’t see that happening myself. Mueller & Co never leaked a word over 2 years. Barr will ensure that no more than half a dozen DOJ Trumpists, SS-types like himself, will see it.

2 Likes

My brother has walked the streets of some barrios where good folk are definitely advised not to go. And nobody he ever ran across has the degree of mental filth and downright evil of these fuckers in suits.

Even the Barr-type 350-pounders.

3 Likes

I’ve been working on the assumption that it’ll hit once the WH gets the copy. That’s when it’ll be wide-spread enough that the leaker can have a fair level of confidence it can’t be traced back to them.

4 Likes

Oh…and by the way, nemo, I have been piggybacking on castor…with whom I agree on that.

1 Like

And if Trump gets re-elected (Heaven forbid), they probably won’t let us see it in the re-indoctrination camps, so we would never get to read it.

1 Like

Or wearing a Cow costume.

4 Likes

Rather presumptuous of you that there won’t be an October Surprise from Vladimir that causes poor Trump to have to declare martial law and indefinitely post-pone elections.

5 Likes

Book Deal
Book deal
book Deal
book deal
BOOK DEAL

There are lots of ways to say it…and lots of $$$$$$$$$$$ to leak the Report.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s even more pessimistic than I would feel right now.

2 Likes

Except this time, inexplicably, Wikileaks will not rush to post the entire unredacted Report on the Internet.

4 Likes

Plan for the worst. That way anything less than the absolute worst is a pleasant surprise…

The way they came out after the Press, screaming for the press to apologize and screen who they let on for interviews and such… Straight out of stuff that happened just a few years ago in Turkey when Erdogan began consolidating his power.

Our structure is uniquely vulnerable to failure when the traitor sits in the White House, because of things like control of the military. We can’t even count on a coup to save us when the shit goes down.

2 Likes

Yep.

I honestly can’t quite believe this series of dirty tricks basically being pulled on the country is working as well as it has. I really would have expected more outrage and less dull acquiescence and complicity.

After all this anticipation, for two years, the report is finally issued… and is promptly buried. And with some pretty rare exceptions the media reaction ranges from a shrugging “oh well” to worse, a whole raft of people writing think pieces starting with the premise “now that Trump has been exonerated” basically, entirely based on Barr’s spin and a few of his selective quotes from the report. And I don’t mean just FOX News or even Republicans. Look out in the media and journalistic landscape, by far the majority of it leans toward “Let’s talk about how we all got this so wrong, now that we know Trump was innocent”

He wasn’t exonerated. Write that in all caps in the sky. The report, in one of the very rare parts where Barr quotes it, specifically says that it “does not exonerate” Trump. How has this turned into the narrative where he was absolved of any wrongdoing? Amazing.

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available