Discussion: ‘Weeks, Not Months’ Until Redacted Mueller Report Released Publicly, DOJ Official Says

My concern is the initial release will be so heavily redacted it will read something like this,

The president…then…he…said…on…
March…I’m…a…POS.

I’m sure with proper redaction the phrase “There was no collusion.” can be squeezed out of that report more than a few times.

Like I said, Barr thinks we’re still in the Reagan era. We’re not. He will not have a moment’s peace

1 Like

why even take that long, he gets to say what is released, and said today, after it’
s ready he will show it to donnie to cut some more out of. One page NO COLLUSION done!

Of course they have no plans to. It’s been sitting there since last week.

“The check’s in the mail!”

4 Likes

Comme ça? Disguised as a pitcher of milk

1 Like

We’ve seen a Barr report totaling four pages of his opinions, not a Mueller report which is about 900 pages. What we’ve been fed has nothing to do with Mueller’s honesty and past reputation. Just trying to prove you wrong as you’re asking.

3 Likes

Thanks for the laugh. Today and probably the next many are not going to be too funny.

1 Like

It took not only ego.

One had to find accessible Xerox machines – there weren’t many – and then one had to make several copies of thousands of pages without raising suspicions …

1 Like

Blackout poetry is the only technique that will work to say what he wants it to say.

2 Likes

Nope. If the esteemed Bill Barr could reach his conclusions on charges in 48 hours, he can release the report in days at the least, not weeks or months.

The more they spread it out the more it looks like they’re hiding something.

1 Like

Per Reuters: “The official said there is no plan to share an advanced copy of the report with the White House.”

No, they intend to share a really, really basic copy of the report with the White House, acted out by handpuppets.

For the 8 millionth time, people, it’s an ADVANCE copy. Like “in advance.” Not a #%$^$^%# “advanced” copy.

(Sorry. Years of being an editor who reviewed books kind of gets to me now and then.)

2 Likes

If Mueller knew that the results of the Russia investigation would ultimately require a political decision, he would have written a document intended for the legislative branch to examine and debate. He wouldn’t break with the Justice Department’s opinion that a sitting president shouldn’t be indicted, because he’d probably feel weird being one dude deciding on behalf of Murika to bring down a president, irrespective of the urgent danger of delay.

Barr’s own whitewashed summary even lends credence to this idea (better described in this lawfareblog post as well as in a bunch of other posts on the intertubes), because 1) the best quote he could cherrypick says outright that Mueller laid out evidence both for and against Trump obstructing justice, and 2) Barr leaves open the possibility that Mueller similarly laid out evidence both for and against Trump doing shady shit with the Russians that fell just short of 100% proven criminal conspiracy (“the investigation did not establish” etc.—according to Barr).

If Mueller laid out evidence for Congress to weigh, then he likely wrote a report that doesn’t give away the game in terms of “sources and methods” and all that jazz, in which case it wouldn’t take weeks to redact.

Unless the sucker is The Dark Tower 8 in length. In which case, Oy… :raccoon:

a) I’m sure he knew that–he understands the difference between criminal law and the elements required to make a charge and entirely political actions based on political judgments of acceptable behavior, and b) it wasn’t his place or charge to do so; he was working for the DoJ and his work product was for the DoJ. It’s the various House Committees’ job to write such documents.

1 Like

In the mid 90’s, I owned a predecessor to this Halloween Costume.

1 Like

Well, the GOP doesn’t want the report to hang around next year, so they have an incentive to get it out fast.

Barr was able to consult with at least two other teams and produce a 4 page “digest” of a 175 page report within hours. Seems there are lots of folks around DC who can speed read, consult and write very quickly.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available