Discussion: WATCH LIVE: Obama To Speak In Louisiana After Touring Historic Flooding

Thank you, Mr. President for having the decency, decorum and sense of timing to not turn this tragedy into a cheap photo-op…

7 Likes

I love that man.

6 Likes

BalaCK Insame Ohbummer GOLFs WHILE LOUIsiana is LITERALLY covered BY Water. Heckuva JOB BALACKIE!!1!!1!one!!1!!!1!

2 Likes

White House now tweeting out links to donate to relief funds and actually spreading the word on what Gov. Edwards and the state needs moving forward. Not passing out play-doh. Not one link from Trump about where to donate or how to help.

13 Likes

well maybe drumph thinks people can use play-doh to plug levees.

5 Likes

Look at the chasm that has grown between our side’s people and theirs…

we have:
VP Biden
Michelle
Liz Warren
Cory Booker
and of course…President Obama…whose has more class in his pinky’s finger nail than the whole GOP combined.

they have:
Trump
Palin
Giuliani
NC and Texas Governor

We win…
Game…blouses

6 Likes

but…but…but did POTUS bring Play-Doh to stop the flooding!

6 Likes

Don’t let Breitbart beat you to the punch on the real story here – Obama went to Louisiana to make it unsafe for Trump rallies.

1 Like

President Obama is going to Louisiana, after leveraging the full force of the federal government into relief efforts, to show that the people there are in his mind. And through his kindness and thoughtfulness, will lift their spirits.

Trump went to show up Obama.

2 Likes

Excellent point. Actually helping other human beings is always, always, always the furthest thing from what you might laughingly call his mind.

2 Likes

I hate how that mother fucker Trump wears his campaign hat to photo op a natural disaster.

An asshat in an ass hat.

1 Like

I wish it were not necessary for Pres. Obama to be there but am glad he showed up. He’s always a calming presence, which is helpful. But most helpful (I’m sure) was his directive of FEMA and the many workers on the ground.
I’ll miss him when he’s out of office.

2 Likes

Hillary Clinton posted this on FB unlike HO who simply showed for a few seconds of photos and has done nothing and said nothing.

“The flooding there is bigger than anyone expected — more than 40,000 homes have been damaged and more than 100,000 people have been affected,” Clinton said. "My heart breaks for Louisiana, and right now, the relief effort can’t afford any distractions.

“The very best way this team can help is to make sure Louisianans have the resources they need,” she added.

1 Like

Huh?

1 Like

Reuters on the President’s visit and the GOP’s petty political posturing:

“To have the president come, it means a lot to show that he cares and the federal government cares about what we are
going through,” [resident Naketa Woods] said.

Obama had received updates on the flooding from U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson and Federal Emergency Management Agency Administrator Craig Fugate, both of whom went to Louisiana.

“Nobody gives a hoot whether you’re Democrat or Republican. What they care about is making sure they’re getting the drywall out, the carpet out, there’s not any mold building,” [Governor Edwards] said.

Louisiana Lieutenant Governor Billy Nungesser, a Republican, dismissed the debate. “I’m just glad he’s here,” Nungesser told MSNBC in an interview. He said he hoped Obama’s visit would bring hope to the state’s residents.