Discussion: WATCH LIVE: Obama Delivers Remarks On Iran Nuclear Framework

Discussion for article #234979

How can I be sure Republicans will oppose it, regardless? Because it doesn’t entail leaving Iran a smoking cratered wreck where feral dogs scavenge among body-parts.

5 Likes

THIS JOb-KILLIng aGREEMEnt is GOING to INFLAME OUr aLLIEs IN The MIDDLE East and TURN ISraeL INto a MUSHROom cLOUd!1!1!one!11!!!

3 Likes

Kerry just said “We are deeply appreciative of Congresses support.” I nearly choked on my lunch.

8 Likes

Just watch…Repubs will screw this up.
That last thing the repubs won’t understand is what the Arak breeder reactor can do. Consider their inability to understand science of any kind.

3 Likes

“Peace just doesn’t give stock dividends like mindless, endless, war does.” - Generic Modern Conservative Spokesthing.

1 Like

Summary: OK neocons you’re up – make your case for another Middle Eastern war.

The President should say things like:

“This agreement was negotiated by the United States of America. Now some of the secessionists from the Confederacy do not agree with it…”

3 Likes

Perhaps the congressional letter went directly into file 13.

It was also negotiated by all of the major powers of the world. This is a BIG FUCKING DEAL. As Obama said, without this deal, we have two options, bomb Iran and they will still be able to build a bomb in any event or an all out war

7 Likes

Now, now, gotta play the game – this puts them on the spot after some very specific details have been announced.

Because there are no options except bombing iran’s nuclear facilities and in any event, they will regroup and build again for an all out war and there is zero tolerance for that around the world and here at home. Israel was also a part of agreeing to this deal

2 Likes

Maybe I’m too cynical having lived thru many a political shitstorm. I fully expect repubs heads to explode, esp the likes of Bachmann etc.

1 Like

Let their heads explode. The Congress is needed to approve the easing of sanctions since they were the ones that passed them. Obama and Kerry are saying the right things to encourage buy-in from them.

2 Likes

Thankfully, Bachmann is now a private citizen.

Conservatives and Netanyahu really showed their hand on this. They don’t want peace even under the best circumstances. It has been a real eye opener for me. It’s kind of scary, and sad actually.

4 Likes

Did you see Israel’s response? It doesn’t even logically or factually make sense. Something about “detached from reality, a world where Iran doesn’t make concessions” except for the numerous concessions they’ve agreed to and probably most of what the U.S. demanded

4 Likes

Despite its historic importance and approval by other world powers, I am very afraid that Congress will tank this. They just operate on blind hatred of the President and irrational love of military conflicts.

1 Like

They would have to go up against world opinion about a deal that already looks pretty hard-nosed wrt Iranian concessions.

2 Likes

I know and hope this will sway them - but I don’t have confidence in the R’s rationality.

2 Likes