Discussion: WATCH LIVE: NASA Announces New Evidence Of Water On Mars At 11:30 AM ET

Discussion for article #241119

In other news
No sign of life in Repulican party.

2 Likes

Awesome! I would also like to announce evidence of water in California; for I have seen it with my own eyes.

9 Likes

“the latest sign that the planet could support life.”

It will be a while before any extensive digging can be performed, but I expect fossils and such are quite possible. Hey, maybe some new oil reserves…

2 Likes

Oooo …Ooooo — Sounds like fun —

Waiting…
Water, water everywhere, nor any drop to drink. – from the Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Still, a pretty exciting development if true.
Who knew that NASA could be late on a timed announcement…
Should we start a countdown clock?

3 Likes

I’m curious how the xianists will respond when living microbes are discovered in that water.

1 Like

I want a glass of this. It’ll put Rep. Bob Brady’s Pope Water® to shame!

2 Likes

It was on the Weather Channel a few minutes ago. I guess the video here didn’t work.

1 Like

Percival Lowell of the Lowell Observatory reported there was water in Mars in 1905, was he right after all.?
NYT - CAMBRIDGE, Mass., May 27. 1905– A telegram was received at the Harvard Observatory tonight from Prof. Percival Lowell, Director of the Lowell Observatory at Flagstaff, Ariz., stating that the canals of Mars have been photographed there for the first time.
Several of them appear upon more than twenty negatives.

Special to The New York Times.
BOSTON. Mass., Dec. 9. 1909 – Prof. Percival Lowell made today a statement with reference to the presence of water vapor on Mars. His assistants, he says, have been able to determine that it is the present and measurable. Precisely how much is still not determined, but it is an amount sufficient to betray itself in lines of the spectrum, lines which show that the atmosphere on Mars affects the spectrum in the same way, though only one-fifty as much as does the earth’s envelope.

3 Likes

Did they say whether a Brita water filter would take care of the it? Because if we can purify that shit…we’re gonna be colonizing that baby before you know it. Yeehaw.

6 Likes

I’ll bet NASA has or will develop a purifying filter that’ll be amazingly awesome.

NASA is Godlike IMO.

2 Likes

Nah, the Chinese are cunning and our leaders are stupid. They’ll own Mars so fast Donald Trump’s head will spin.

3 Likes

Good news! Life on Mars may yet be possible for humans. All we need is food, water and air. Same thing applies to Earth.

Ben Carson will note life on Mars is incompatible with Islam.

You may note Ben Carson is incompatible with intelligent life on Earth…

2 Likes

~rimshot!~

7 Likes

Update: It appears, they’ve seen what we’ve done to this planet and would just as soon we journey on over to Venus:

Can’t blame em’!

4 Likes

The don’t call it the Red Planet for nothin’.

1 Like

Looks like the RNC has already corralled them into a protest zone. Some pepper spray and Zip-ties should finish the job.

2 Likes