Discussion: WaPo: White House To Disband Federal Climate Change Advisory Panel

I’ve always seen Bannon as a gin-soaked, uglier version of Breitbart (slightly less enraged;) and I expect the same kind of end for Bannon. -Which is dying relatively young and with great futility.

3 Likes

If he was smart they’d have made it worth his while to stay at Goldman. He was a joke in the film industry. He’s about as clever as D’Souza. You don’t have to be Max Planck to outsmart Trump, Foster’s Freeze or any of the other gray eminences of the GOP.
The exact correspondence of economic and social conditions (and national psyche) between 2017 America and Weimar Germany will cause me to toss and turn all night, tho.

3 Likes

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

2 Likes

Y’all are right, he’s just a drunk, ugly, angry, greedy pig loser. Why fear that? and I’ve seen plenty of westerns and those types never prosper.

Take the Jack Elam character in the movie Rawhide; same as Brannon, dies young in futility.

Whether you agree that he’s a drunk going nowhere or not, I don’t see any evidence of his genius or his propaganda abilities except on those people who are already willing to believe that shit. You have to choose to believe that shit and they already have. I doubt Breitbart has enlisted any raw recruits to neo-Nazism.

1 Like

You don’t have to be a genius if the American people are a stoopid people for the most part.

The right-wing has proven this to us time and time again.

1 Like

Well I don’t share your view of Americans.

I don’t think the majority of us are stupid at all. We elected Hillary. We’ve fought Trump and Congress to a standstill on healthcare.

Who appointed you the tester of IQs?

4 Likes

We don’ get GWB or Trump or the con job Republican ideology that dominates the government if the American people were intelligent FOR THE MOST PART.

And then there’s the 47% of eligible voters who don’t care to.

1 Like

The way things are going, he’ll add nine more…

I see our new Sciency Adviser doesn’t bother to mention the source of the diagram. Just another instance of ripping off someone else’s design?
(I found it on the space.com website)

1 Like

And it’s not always a matter of how intelligent one is, either. I know lots of people who didn’t do as well academically as I did who are contributing in ways I’ll never be able to. All they decided to do was to share and show empathy. And they look for candidates who value those same things.

Yay diversity!

1 Like

liked x millions.

1 Like

The response needs to go even beyond what you suggest. Moss - and indeed any critic of Trump - should add that everyone who is concerned about maintaining a livable country and world should immediately contact their senator and congressperson and demand that the council be reinstated as well as all of Obama’s climate initiatives. Unitll climate issues can mobilize people in the same numbers and with the same intensity as the preservation of Obamacare did earlier this summer this literally genocidal policy of dismantling every single climate initiative will continue…

1 Like

And it ain’t academically I’m talkin’ 'bout at toll, but people who don’t know a con-job or a con man right in front of their face on the TV and they vote for him if they vote, or they don’t vote seeing full well the Evil that can be in control in this nation.

Doesn’t have nothing to do about book learnin’ jus’ common sense and knowin’ lettin’ Evil have it’s way ain’t no way.

Sheeet!

I was a member of this committee and actually that’s not what we were doing, but we did identify the need for the feds to work with groups like the ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers) to do work like that.

Yes, but Republicans don’t care about death, so they have to be convinced with economics…

4 Likes

It’s hard for me to get worked up about this; it’s not like there’s anyone around to take their advice at the moment anyway.

The Republicans ain’t givin’ advice, their givin’ orders to dismantle the whole climate change shootin’ match.

The GOP is like, Stalinist Russia, subordinate to their ideology. This is their Comrade Lysenko moment. Scott Pruitt is the high priest, but all GOP congresspeople share the belief system in fake economics and fake science.

2 Likes

“après nous le déluge”

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available