Discussion: WaPo: Kushner Asked Russian Envoy To Set Up Secret Moscow Backchannel

Just wanted to point out this line. I’ve talked before about how the Prosperity Gospel heresy has wormed its way into the thinking of too many people. This is the secular side of that argument - “But he’s a successful businessman. How else could he live like that?” I didn’t own a TV during the entire run of The Apprentice, but I suspect NBC worked hard for years to promulgate that myth.

2 Likes

If anyone’s selling those, I’d like to buy one.

A literal deal with the devil. There will be an opera in thirty years, assuming we get through this alive.

1 Like

Personally, I don’t want the generals to do anything: no military coups or appearances of such. Its better for the Republic if its a legal process by which they are impeached/removed from office.

I came up with a few titles for books we’ll probably see in a few years:

THE HUNT FOR RED NOVEMBER
THE GANG THAT COULDN’T PREZ STRAIGHT
NIGHT OF CAMP CLUSTERFUCK

4 Likes

Son-in-Law Kushner is Trump’s closest advisor, even more so than Flynn was. If Kushner did this, he did so at the direction of Trump. As Trump said re Flynn’s discussion of sanctions with Kislyak “I did not order him to talk sanctions, but I would have if I thought he would not (paraphrasing).”

It is just a matter of when, not if Trump will be gone.

I am talking about the generals that are part of the administration, McMaster, Kelly & Mattis. If its clear to me that extremely questionable business is happening, maybe outright treason, it should be obvious to them as well. Why do they go out and lie for Trump?

Even with all this going on and realize, Trounce knows more than anybody how invested and entangled with the Russians that he is, he still invited this very same envoy into the White House and gave him a private audience, sans any Americans outside the inner bubble, and decided that right then was the perfect time to divulge National secrets.

That risk can not possibly be worth any reward unless that reward is freedom. Only a person facing the rest of their life in prison and saddled with that shame would have any need to take such a risk.

And he did it on call. Putin asked and received. If that isn’t blatant then nothing is.

2 Likes

Pretty much sounds like treason.
What to do now ?

How about “Mr. PESOS* Goes to Washington”

*PESOS = pig-eyed sack of shit

Like @esva said,
##Traitors!

2 Likes

He usually does.

Trumpanzees, please!

In reality, it’s like this: Because Orthodox Jews are the only Israeli citizens exempt from mandatory military service, they are the most vocal warmongers.

1 Like

I’m expecting

THEY THOUGHT NO ONE WOULD FIND OUT

1 Like

That’s my own original design, I made a lot of these fake Trump signs during the campaign and posted them to TPM and a few other places like Eschaton. I suppose I could make a bumper sticker or something. I’m not sure how to make that affordable or practical.

As a sequel to “I never mentioned Israel”, I expect him to absolve himself from collusion with the Russians something like this: “I do not know anything about my campaign’s collusion with the Russians. In fact, I specifically told them that I didn’t want to know anything about it.”

You heard it here first.

3 Likes

Backchannel is incorrect. This is a bypass, an endaround.

1 Like

Cafe Press?

“There are no secrets that time does not reveal.” – Jean Racine

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available