Discussion: WaPo Ed Board: Scott Taylor's Role In Forgery Scandal Is 'Sleazy,' Maybe 'Illegal'

Did some one say Illegal and Sleezy?

Must be an article on a Republican…

14 Likes

These people and their supporters have completely lost their bearings. They may shroud themselves with a Christian cloak, but this is not moral, not ethical, but is very likely a criminal violation.

9 Likes

“maybe illegal??”

Urging another candidate into a race to split your opponent’s vote, has been done many times.

But helping them forge signatures to get them on the ballot?

If that isn’t illegal, IT NEEDS TO BE

14 Likes

Fraud, greed, and chicanery.

Last gasps of a dead political party.

8 Likes

A judge ruled this week that Brown Taylor be kicked off in the ballot balls because of dozens of fraudulent signatures collected by Taylor’s staff.

Alas! Only in my dreams.

6 Likes

If Dems take back the House, I predict … [spooky seer music] … yes, there it is … I think I see … yes … yes, I see a … a House Ethics Probe - the kind of probe aliens use, what’s it called, anal? - in Scott Taylor’s future.

2 Likes

Having some experience with a similar matter regarding signatures, the guy on the hook is the person that witnessed/signed the page of signatures. Short of directly tying that persons actions to Taylor’s orders, it will be hard to put the screws to Taylor…

First rule of politics, the candidate only signs what is legally necessary to run for the office…

3 Likes

Dying, you mean. No one can gasp once they’re dead.

Unless, of course, the carcass has been left alone long enough to bloat with various unpleasant, potentially toxic, gases and someone kicks it with a hard satisfying thump, then it’ll gasp.

Wait, I get it now. Because we’re the party that’s gonna kick the GOP’s bloated … yeah, right, okay. I can get down with that program.

3 Likes

One kick for each fraudulent signature. How many thousands of fraudulent signatures were there again?

3 Likes

Don’t get me started :laughing: I can’t find this film anywhere to rent but it’s available to buy at Amazon. Don’t think so.

2 Likes

why is it that republicans always resort to dirty tricks to win elections or make money?

8 Likes

I blame Ayn Rand.

But then again, I always blame Ayn Rand.

7 Likes

May this be the final nail in his electoral coffin.

7 Likes

It is very clear to me the Scott Taylor’s name should be removed from Virginia’s General Ballot on Nov 6!

Cheaters cannot be AWARDED anything, because they CHEAT! We do not reward CHEATERS in this country! The GOP will LEARN THIS VERY LESSON on Nov 6, 2018! CRICKETS to ALL GOPers!

3 Likes

It seems the repukes know of no other way to win than by cheating.

4 Likes

will work for president pence though

1 Like

Taylor’s not talking, not defending himself hoping beyond hope that this will all go away. One article I read said he was “lying low” which I interpret as “hiding”. Shouldn’t he be out on the campaign trail? I read he cancelled one of his debates with Elaine Luria because he didn’t consider the radio/tv station neutral.

4 Likes

WaPo: woke AF. Definitely my opinion leader on the Scott Taylor ® forgery issue.

Before they published their editorial, I wasn’t sure what to think about the forgeries by his paid staffers and his lies about his whereabouts when the forgeries took place.

2 Likes

The immediate phone call to intimidate a potential witness to the forgeries, no, that has no legal status at all. “I understand you are causing my associate no little embarrassment, and I urge you to desist immediately, lest some terrible, unforeseen yet total understandable even overtake you. Which event would also have nothing to do with me or my associates, even though we know where you live.”

4 Likes