Discussion: WaPo: CIA Intel Showed Putin Directly Ordered Operation To Get Trump Elected

I stopped reading HuffPo at some point during the election and have never returned to it.

You know me well enough by now to know that I usually do speak up when I feel the popular opinion is flawed. Believe it or not, I don’t always do that :neutral_face:

1 Like

Do you remember that stupid “How big is too big?” “They’re too big right now” exchange between Frank and Reich last year?

That entirely emo moment was when I gave up on his brain. No wonder he urges to “vote their souls” instead of with brain. He doesn’t have one himself.

1 Like

Yeah I think I do - we’re somewhat alike really.

I stopped altogether during the campaign, too. I think it was the day they went off on Gloria Steinem. I got so furious I forgot how to spell.

And that was that - no more subscription, no page hits. And now it looks like utter shit there.

1 Like

I do remember that. I am a huge Frank fan. I think he’s brilliant and I miss him.

4 Likes

Thank you. Very well said.

See what we were chatting about that from this post by inversion and below…

1 Like

Ah - thanks. I had missed all of that.

Thanks for the reminder that Comey’s FBI was the only intell org to not sign on to the Russian hacking knowledge. The man is most certainly a two steps forward, one step back conflicted character isn’t he?

2 Likes

Comey was on board about what was seen (then), as likely Russian hacking. His solution was however rejected by Obama, who reportedly wanted a more unified approach.

@khyber900

3 Likes

Possible yes. But wouldn’t he also be concerned to keep his majority in the Senate? I suppose he may think it’s in the bag given how few seats the GOP has to defend in 2018.

1 Like

I sure as hell didn’t.

What a terrible person Obama is, right? Unconcerned with what is best for the country. I guess he’s the real problem, not the Republicans.

6 Likes

you got this…i’m tired of reminding folks that at last check, Obama isn’t president anymore.

5 Likes

Just waiting on what was Trump’s role in all of this. This Trump request wouldn’t likely count

2 Likes

Another thing these comments have reinforced for me is that, repeatedly, when a Dem Prez made an erroneous or otherwise questionable and/or difficult decision, who benefited? With this one and the 2000 Florida presidential general election recounts/Brooks Brothers Riot firmly in my mind, Democrats have clearly ‘fallen on their (proverbial) swords’ multiple times for the good of the nation-as-a-whole and in clear opposition to their/our own personal interests.

I’d also note that I can discern no positive ‘credit’ or appreciation from the general public for these, arguably altruistic, acts. Who are still credited in the general populace as “the adults in the room”? Why, the selfish-bastard Republican’ts, of course!? We, are (far too often, IMHO, properly) seen as the nice guys (and gals) who finish last.

On the other hand, Republican’ts’ presidential pardons of Nixon and the Iran-Contra conspirators are often claimed to have been done for similar reasons, but sure looked to lots of Americans like premature endings to criminal investigations–AND to the clear benefit of Republican’ts. And those were back during “normal times”!

Now? I wouldn’t trust this pResident NOT to shove his own flesh and blood in front of a bus, it was to his advantage in some way.

Finally, with my technical background, it’s also occasionally important to remind myself (and others) that a statistical normal distribution curve has two ‘tails’. When the assumed random errors repeatedly deliver benefits to only one of them, the distribution can NO longer be considered unbiased,

3 Likes

Trump was putin office.

2 Likes

No, not a terrible person, just made some terrible mistakes as President. Unfortunately, his mistakes threaten not only his major policy accomplishments, but the policy accomplishments of progressives going back to WWII.

It doesn’t help much to win some battles when your mistakes make you lose the war.

Me too.

I had always hoped I was just wrong, but now even that has been torn away.

I’ll be looking out for me and mine during the coming Trumpocalypse, and it’s definitely coming. It’s every man for himself now.

Fucking “conservatives”…

2 Likes

For now, the only action the U.S. has taken in response to Russia is an Obama administration package involving the expulsion of 35 diplomats, closure of two Russian diplomatic compounds, and imposition of new, narrowly targeted economic sanctions.

…actions which the present maladministration has subsequently tried to undo.

18 U.S. Code § 2381

2 Likes

You would think, yes. Anymore, I’m unable to comprehend the motives of the Republicans.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available