Discussion: Veteran GOP Strategist Joins Politico's Communications Team

Discussion for article #243051

1 Like

“Unconventional” if that’s defined as a totally obvious pander to the RWNJ readership.

26 Likes

I fail to see the uncoventionalness here.

14 Likes

Yet another example of the liberal bias of the lamestream media.

21 Likes

One more reason not to read Politico.

17 Likes

Politico has always leaned right. This is not surprising at all. Did they think no one noticed?

15 Likes

Yes.

4 Likes

gop operative joins the rest of the gop operatives at politico…how is this news?

8 Likes

They have always been a right-wing rag.

7 Likes

"Politico is known for making waves, and so is Brad,” Kingsley wrote in
the memo, which was published on the news site. “He is an unapologetic
agitator and we see that as a tremendous asset.”

They’re now admitting, point blank, that Politico has nothing to do with factual information, just providing propaganda that creates agitation.

16 Likes

The only unsurprising thing about this is that it happened after Fred Ryan had left.

I had very high hopes for Politico when it started, because I really enjoyed Jim VandeHei’s reporting at the WaPo. But then, it was always an Albritton property, so the right-wing tilt is hardly new…it’s been there all along.

5 Likes

I think it’s great that Tiger Beat on the Potomac is coming out of the closet about their orientation. Be true to yourselves, guys!

12 Likes

The saddest statement is “He is an unapologetic agitator and we see that as a tremendous asset.”

This says more about the state of American journalism than anything.

12 Likes

“Politico is known for making waves, and so is Brad,”

Politico is known for trailing behind the GOP/Teatrolls in their flight to the right like it’s on a leash, and so is Brad.

FIFY

7 Likes

unapologetic agitator

Is this Koch Foundation grant?

2 Likes

Politico hires a RW agitator with a not so stellar work history. That may be the GOP social safety net program.

2 Likes

Politico announced Thursday that veteran Republican strategist Brad Dayspring will join the publication as its first vice president of communications.

In a memo to the staff, Politico’s Chief Operating Officer Kim Kingsley acknowledged that Dayspring was “not a conventional hire” for the national politics website

Really? Making a Republican strategist one of their heads of communication seems pretty in character of Politico.

4 Likes

Well folks he knows how to pick em.From one loser to another:

“Dayspring first made waves on the DC political scene as a top aide for former House Majority Leader Eric Cantor
(R-VA). After abruptly resigning from that post, Dayspring went on to
become the communications director for the National Republican
Senatorial Committee. Most recently, he served as a senior adviser to
the PAC supporting Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker’s ® presidential run.”

2 Likes

There are two ways of looking at this story, as well as to-day’s story about the CNN suspension of the reporter’s reaction the way she did. One optimistic. One pessimistic

The Optimistic one: The MSM is making a push to go all-out GOP to counteract changing demographics of the electorate.

The Pessimistic one: We’re fucked…the Distracted people in the electorate, when they wake up, will get GOP bullshit described as news.

Me? I believe in both.

2 Likes

va:

BINGO!