Discussion: TX Federal Judge Rules Obamacare 'Invalid,' Appeals Sure To Follow

Agreed. But the Republicans do not care if he achieves the desired outcome.

To paraphrase (badly) a quote of unknown origins:

“One man’s nut-job is another man’s wise and respected Jurist.”

Well, they certainly do not understand the milk of human kindness in their world. Bull it is.

1 Like

I doubt it. Think about how we got here. In 2000 GW Bush was placed in the Oval Office by the Scotus. I live in Florida and know damn well he did not win this state. But a Court of un-elected folks put him in office. Once there he appointed the Judge that made this ruling. A horrible man that’s ruled against native Americans, LGBT and other minority groups every time an issue concerning them comes before him. And where is this ruling going to end up? Right back at Scotus where it all began.

I know this Blog and many others harped on about the GOP wanting to kill O’care. In reality they don’t. Never did. That’s political pablum like building a wall along the Mexican border. It rallies the rubes but if they actually did it they’d expose themselves to the consequences. 20 million uninsured or a 5 billion dollar wall that ends up at 75 billion and leaks like a sieve. This ruling really hit’s the GOP in the teeth. And that’s the only thing that might save ACA at Scotus. The political ramifications. Like it did the last time. Those assholes never gave a shit about it’s Constitutional points.

1 Like

“As I predicted all along, Obamacare has been struck down as an UNCONSTITUTIONAL disaster!” Trump tweeted. “Now Congress must pass a STRONG law that provides GREAT healthcare and protects pre-existing conditions.”

One conservative Bush the Lesser appointee to a District position does not a general “unconstitutional” finding make…and that finding would never have been found had Trump and the GOP House/Senate not set the tax penalty to zero.

What should the House do given this turn of events? The Democratic House of Representatives should pass the Medicare for All Act. Then, if THE WORLD-WIDE ASSHOLE wants just one thing to hang his hat on that shows that he improved on the Affordable Care Act, then the moron in chief should back it and put heat on the GOP Senate to approve it. And then THE WORLD-WIDE ASSHOLE should sign it into law.

But who am I kidding? He won’t do it if it doesn’t somehow line his pockets. Grifters gotta grift.

Health care has always been and always will be a lose-lose issue for conservatives. That’s because health care policy is where the “philosophy” of free market conservatism completely breaks down and thus good workable health care policy will always be at odds with their flawed values. -And that’s why they could never come up with a replacement plan for the ACA; Any workable healthcare plan, buy definition is not conservative.

2 Likes

If they wouldn’t impeach McReynolds, there’s no way in hell they should impeach this idiot. Being dead wrong because of your political leanings is not a ground for impeachment. This dude is no more impeachable than Earl Warren, at least not just for a horrible decision. Now if he takes a bribe, or discusses confidential matters with Ted Cruz…

Bingo.

1 Like

Mazeltov!

It is a symptom of gun-nuttiness, which is pre-existing—and often terminal.

Not that easy, unless an entire district, or at least a division, is populated by the same critters. You don’t get to choose the judge, just the venue (and there are limits to that).

What district was this filed in? How many judges in that district?

True, on one level. But you have to have people who are minimally qualified. This guy’s reasoning is so bad it’s almost guaranteed to get laughed out of even the 5th circuit and rejected by SCOTUS. A competent FedSoc-approved judge would by no means be an impartial judge of the law, but they might have been able to craft an argument that could pass muster with this kind of partisan conservative Supreme Court. Instead, he threw a bomb in their lap - reminding everyone that Republicans want to take away health care after they’d tried to campaign on how much they loved it - for no ultimate end purpose.

Late getting back on this one, but I’m convinced that Roberts is going to hide behind Bart McRapey. With a 6-3 conservative include 3 who voted against Obamacare in the first go-round, and Neil Nobody and Bart added to the roster, that give Roberts a chance to vote in favor of Obamacare and still have the ruling sustained 5-4.

Cokie Roberts can then bill it as a closely divided Court (and I’ll bet a thousan bucks she does) and the country will grind on under another eternity of high premiums and low outcomes.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available