Discussion: TX Federal Judge Rules Obamacare 'Invalid,' Appeals Sure To Follow

Listen the GOP here in Texas is probably celebrating and they are so fucking stupid because they just signed their death warrant.

13 Likes

Tough, but fair.

10 Likes

Thanks for that. I was starting to feel my blood boil over this shit. I’m so so sick of these extreme numbnuts trying to pull crap like this over and over again. It gets so tiring. The level of corporate greed, personal self-interest and politically targeted malevolence in taking away a fundamental right from the American people has been frankly exhausting.

I was just watching a discussion on immigration where the fucking government is actually writing numbers on people’s arms at the border. I guess those fuckers forgot to bring their tattoo gun. I know we won lots of seats in the House and tRump is finally on the ropes but some days I still can’t stomach what’s happening in this country and I have to excuse myself from the news of the day. I’ll admit, its too damn much for me.

Gotta a new dog, ralph. Time to walk him before he pleasantly drives me nuts. That’s a good kind of crazy at least.

16 Likes

Is that covered?

This seems so out of step. Even the GOP faithful seem to have calmed down on ACA, now that their efforts have made it expensive and less stable.

1 Like

hahahahaha Depends - is it a pre-existing condition?

2 Likes

This news was all over other political websites last evening (TPM again coming late to the party). I’ve had time to panic and then read wiser commentary about how this will not only backfire for the GOP, but never be upheld. However, it will cause confusion and worry for millions of Americans.

9 Likes

12 Likes

Yay! Enjoy your new doggie!

6 Likes

60+ attempts in Congress to invalidate Obamacare. 3 Supreme Court cases upholding it.

When the hell are they going to give it up and start doing something useful? Oh, wait. It’s the GOP.

@tena
“Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.”

• Robert Heinlein

So yes, it is a pre-existing condition.

7 Likes

Ken Paxton should be the first to go if we’re looking for the solution to stupidity.

However there are two silver linings here - this is going to wreak havoc on the GOP here. It really is - we will use it to kill them in 2020. And maybe this will lead to single payer.

But it’s highly possible this decision doesn’t stand.

12 Likes

No, they are worse than that.

They live for the perks of power. And don’t care who they step on to get those perks.

Care about policy? No.
Care about people? No
Care about the country? No

Just the perks.

4 Likes

You know what’s ironic? My premiums in Chicago rise and my networks get narrower every year. My friends in Austin enroll in a single cheap class at a community college every semester and they get inexpensive student access to great BCBS coverage. (I have a friend with cancer who is fully covered by this plan.)Their families are covered too. You don’t even have to pass the class, and some are on line.

So Texas inhibits ACA, beats the drum against socialized medicine and winds up with great state sponsored health insurance. And my friends have enjoyed the classes too, for the most part.

9 Likes

Leave it to Texas, a state with some of the worst health disparities and a maternal death rate as bad as a developing nation.
By the judges logic wouldn’t the health insurance provided for 170 million Americans through the tax code by their employers be also unconstitutional?
Would the Massachusetts version of the ACA passed by Mitt Romney in 2006 also be unconstitutional as well as other states where there is a individual mandate?

5 Likes

Texas is weird that way. We have a bunch of progressive laws and programs locally and then we show this fucking fascist face to the rest of the country. It sucks so bad.

First thing my husband said when this was announced last night was: I guess this makes taxes unconstitutional.

8 Likes

Judge Reed “Grinch” O’Connor says Merry Christmas to all you people with pre-existing conditions and all you people in genteel poverty who have health care coverage due to the Medicaid expansion.

3 Likes

Indeed. I’m betting there is panic in the the GOP, what with the moron’s investigations and the stock market tanking. I see this as the ultimate in “be careful what you wish for.” Luckily, Bart McRapey can hide behind Roberts on this one. It would serve them right if the SC didn’t save their asses.

4 Likes

Some background .

“Judge Reed O’Connor: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know”

4 Likes

The timing couldn’t be more evil, more sadistic. More Repuglican.

O they are going to pay.

8 Likes
  • “As I predicted all along, Obamacare has been struck down as an UNCONSTITUTIONAL disaster!” Trump tweeted. “Now Congress must pass a STRONG law that provides GREAT healthcare and protects pre-existing conditions.”

Proceed, Doofus. You could have done this at any time since you controlled both houses of Congress, but you didn’t. One constraint is that you had no plan, and another is that your party doesn’t want to do it. Now, however, if this thing stands, you will own it. We know that you’ll blame someone else, because you always blame everyone else, but rest assured: you will own this.

15 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available