Discussion: TX Federal Judge Rules Obamacare 'Invalid,' Appeals Sure To Follow

1 Like

As a resident of Texas, this is why we can’t have nice things.

31 Likes

Sorry about Ken Paxton the criminal AG.

Maybe this will lead to single payer.

22 Likes

Are there double agents inside the Republican party secretly sabotaging Obamacare to pave the ground work for universal coverage?

16 Likes

After I got over being furious I wondered the same thing. I hope they just shot themselves in the foot - again.

16 Likes

Have to question if the GOP has any clue today as to why they want the ACA dead. This is beginning to feel like sacred cow territory without reason.

25 Likes

You better learn to pray, President Dingus, because if that ruling stands you’ll certainly be out of a job in two years. We could run a mynah bird against you and it would win. No job and no protection from indictment. Think it over, brainiac.

26 Likes

What is wrong with these people? Just wtf is wrong?

20 Likes

Terrible judges like this are why no thoughtful person should ever consider voting for a Republican.

22 Likes

The Republicans lost 40 seats in the House to opponents who ran largely on health care. So Mitch McConnell and the Hair Furor should be asking themselves, “Do I feel lucky?”

17 Likes

Stole this from a respondent to one of Dave Roberts’ twitter feeds. It was in reference to the 7 y.o. girl who died while suffering neglect by CBP, but it could apply to any of us under this regime:

“You know what Nietchze (sic) said, what doesn’t kill you makes it necessary for the government of the United States to finish the job.”

Cynical, but a fair evaluation.

16 Likes

Thread-

Stay calm for now.

20 Likes

Speaker Pelosi and Chairman Nadler should start impeachment proceedings on Judge O’Connor 1/3/19.

1 Like

The Republican’t Party: Killing more Americans than an al Qaeda wet dream, since 1981…

12 Likes

4 Likes

Hello Medicare for All at the very least as a public option!
Oh and Mitch, since you’re up for re-election in Kentucky in 2020 , the state that HAD the best ACA Website, we’d love to hear what you think about leading the charge in the Senate for revisiting healthcare in 2019 in the run-up to 2020.

14 Likes

How the F can expanding Medicaid be unconstitutional? Congress established Medicaid in 1965. Since then, not a single judge has EVER found it unconstitutional, any more than they have found Medicare unconstitutional. So how can it be beyond the purview of Congress to modify the eligibility criteria for an existing program? If this judge is correct, then we can dissolve Congress now and make all rules by judicial fiat,

8 Likes

No, there are just a bunch of cold, callous, sons of bitches who don’t give a damn about human beings or human rights and simply subsist upon their evil ideology.

27 Likes

Trump’s a narcissist and an asshole, but it still boggles my mind that he’s happy that millions of people are going to lose their health care, especially when the GOP has no replacement ready to go.

He’s a horrible, inhuman POS.

Edit. Not are going to lose, because hopefully, the Supreme Court will not agree. But he sure is happy at the prospect. Christ, he’s a freaking monster.

9 Likes

Ironically, the Republicans may be hastening the advent of true universal healthcare.

I can envision the simultaneous collapse of the ACA and a deep recession with unemployment over 10% forcing Congress to enact Medicare for all.

Unfortunately, this would be preceded by the unnecessary death of hundreds of thousands of people.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available