Stop playing politics with Kevin McCarthy!
As always, Mr. Kilgore makes a valid, logical point; which will go nowhere in arguing with irrational, crazy wing nuts. (I read Ed in the Washington Monthly site fairly regularly.) While they make a valid point that guns would serve to deter a tyrant taking over the U.S. Government, the only possible candidate for this I see is Donald Trump. I do find it iteresting that so many wish to re-litigate the outcome of the Civil War. Silly me, I thought this argument was settled in 1865. I do wonder what it is exactly about President Obama that has engendered such antipathy and reflexive opposition to his ideas and policies. I can’t quite put my finger on it…
I like the Sutherland version because it was set here in San Francisco, but the original was scarier mostly because it was unpolished and visceral. Those were the days when there were occasional UFO sightings as I remember so we scared more easily.
Where are the Ramones when you need them?
There’s nothing more enjoyable than watching a politician die a well-deserved death from a thousand cuts. !
Howdy Gowdy.
Can anyone imagine the Breitbart or National Review interpretation of Body Snatchers, “They Live” or Orwell’s “1984?” Now deep thinkers want to know, did the star of the original Body Snatchers get the job b/c his last name resonated perfectly with Tail Gunner Joe McCarthy’s red scares of the 50’s? Were his closing lines, “they’re here, they’re here, it’s too late!” reflective of American voting habits or lack thereof? The Pod People control Congress, SCOTUS and feel entitled to winner take all POTUS.
That said, the Kevin McCarthy of this video seems to be a sharp aware kind of guy…and someone many Republicans would refer to as “demonic” or one of the updated Pod People. Then again, the lack of viewable tattoos might mean he’s not one of the Reptilian Illuminati aliens living among us.
Could this Kevin McCarthy please be the next Speaker of the House instead of whoever the Republicans pick?
Excellent comment. Not only exposing the real intent for a taxpayer funded witch hunt but exposing the MSM obvious help in shaping that throwback to the Salem witch trials. Well done.
My cat reads that book!! 