Discussion: Twitter Suspends Alex Jones For A Week After CEO Refuses To Ban Him

1 Like

Ouch, that’s gonna leave a week mark…

11 Likes

Dorsey and the gold-plated horse he parades around on.

4 Likes

Dorsey’s got a point. I mean, if you’re not going to ban Hair Furor for the vile shit HE posts, Alex Jones is comparatively weak sauce!

/snark

4 Likes

Jack needs the right-wing’s money or his company turns to dust.

9 Likes

What’s the cure rate percentage on troll suspensions? Do we know that? Very low single digits just by my own observations. Like 0–1, somewhere in there.

4 Likes

I’m not saying that a two-men-enter,-zero-men-leave cage match between Jack Dorsey and Mark Zuckerberg wouldn’t violate the Youtube terms of service, but I think society might be better off for it.

11 Likes

Guessing this will be the new game - once a week he gets his tweet back on - thousands read/scour/report - and within 24 hours another ban - for a week - until it gets too ridiculous even for Mr. Dorsey.

1 Like

Dorsey seems either to not have read/understood TWITTER’s RULES or is too craven to enforce them: https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-rules

for ex.:

Abuse and hateful conduct

Abuse: You may not engage in the targeted harassment of someone, or incite other people to do so. We consider abusive behavior an attempt to harass, intimidate, or silence someone else’s voice…

Hateful conduct: You may not promote violence against, threaten, or harass other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or serious disease. Read more about our hateful conduct policy.

14 Likes

Alex Jones is guilty of Abuse and Hateful Conduct (for Cash and Incitement). Jack Dorsey is guilty of Enabling Abuse and Hateful Conduct for Cash.

7 Likes

Why can’t this loon just fade away and disappear in the fever swamps from which he arose…

2 Likes

I wonder who at Twitter is dumb enough to think a 1 week suspension is sufficient to rehabilitate a person that used the platform to incite violence? Lets not forget…Jones makes Twitter money.

5 Likes

But Alex Jones’s twitter account is still up. No sign of a suspension.

2 Likes

The only takeaway I get is that @jack approves of Alex Jones message.

6 Likes

Twitter and other social media should let these fools post whatever they want to post, but in order to post it, view it, retweet it, etc., you need to give your real name, home address and phone number on your Twitter handle - free speech an’ all.

Twitter’s problem is way, way bigger than this idiot.

It’s the fascist propaganda tool of choice all over the globe. Our WH for instance.

8 Likes

One week? Good call, short enough to not matter, but long enough for Alex to play a martyr. Well done!

3 Likes

Twitter CEO implements new logo:

6 Likes

@jack is on NBC News being interviewed by Lester Holt tonight about all this – coincidence that one of Alex Jones’ twitter accounts gets “suspended” for one week right before the interview?

Or cynical ploy for @jack to be able to say, “look, we take action when necessary” while still not really doing anything about a serial terms-of-service violator. (And god forbid anyone put “Elon Musk” in their handle or you’ll get the ax.)

2 Likes

Jack Dorsey needs to be publicly shunned, until he sees the light.

4 Likes