Discussion: TSA Screener Sick-Outs Hit 10 percent As Shutdown Stretches Into Fifth Week

This Thursday is missed paycheck number 2 for TSA. The first missed check was Jan 10. (Money usually shows up in your bank account by the next day.) TSA sickout rate was up to 10% yesterday and the TSA is looking at shifting around agents to support higher traffic airports - using what funds and how are they going to cover expenses, housing, and meals in another city?

I was wondering when the CBP would start to collapse. I’ve been tracking the wait times at the Canadian border going south. No visible problems yet - but if the reason is the US border patrol is doing the same as LAX customs and going “yeah, yeah, whatever” and “the bag is ticking but as long as it doesn’t blow up near me just haul it and your ass south” then that would explain it.

“Hmmm - Sarge, the radiation detectors just spiked when that truck pulled up!” “Whatever, he’s probably wearing a big ass radium dial watch. Wave him through.”

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available