Discussion: Trump's SCOTUS Changes Embolden GOPers To Push Anti-Abortion Bills

“I regret my abortion” I wonder how many of those people actually had one, and fuck them for trying to deny others of the choice.

7 Likes

GOP logic.

A child’s life is sacred before birth.

Ain’t worth shit afterwards.

6 Likes

They’re as honest as their leader is, and they wouldn’t regret the abortion had it been to save their lives during a troublesome pregnancy.

3 Likes

My guess would be none of them.

1 Like

He really said this at a National Prayer Breakfast. Funny thing is that conservative “people of faith” have actually been advocating for “the abolition of civil rights.”

“Since the founding of our nation, many of our greatest strides from gaining our independence to abolition of civil rights to extending the vote for women have been led by people of faith,” [Trump] said.

3 Likes

I might be a little bit more sympathetic to the anti-choice crowd’s attempts to end legal abortion if they weren’t so virulently opposed to contraception and access to health care.

4 Likes

OMG. He’s said some doozies at the prayer breakfast, but this slip-up actually reveals the truth!

Yes, those evangelicals have their agenda all right.

9 Likes

He has the best words.

4 Likes

The right to an abortion is a right to healthcare. There is nothing to be sympathetic to the force-birth crowd for their attempts to take away women’s right to choose.

1 Like

Great - now we’re going back to the original outrage: abortion and women having sex before marriage. How about we just begin each sentence with the phrase, “In 15 years, when the planet will be unlivable for many people in the world, we should …”?

1 Like

I saw the clip. Utterly exhausted-sounding, just sighing out the words with no particular effort at conveying or even knowing the meaning. (Does he remember what the abolition movement was?) It sounded like when Grandpa gives the holiday toast and talks about a healthy year and you wonder if he’ll be at the next gathering.

3 Likes

Up too early? Nah. He’s just a moron who wants to be the center of the world.

SMH.

6 Likes

But she made speeches to Wall Street and got paid for it.

3 Likes

“Graced and raced.” Dale’s pointed this trick out before, you incorporate the mistake as if it were in the text too, although sometimes it makes a bit of sense but boyoboy not here, it’s insane. Trump doesn’t care, though, he’s beyond being able to quickly perceive whether or not a trick will work. He just does it, willy nilly. Sad.

3 Likes

Yes, I remember other times he’s done that. Moron. The attention span of a gnat and totally not committed. It’s a chore, one he hates.

4 Likes

And his supporters don’t care what he says, anyway.

4 Likes

It should be noted that this is ALL just Campaign Stump speech fodder.

Trump knows he cannot run on his Tax Break for Billionaires, he cannot run on his schizophrenic foreign policy, he cannot run on his “trustworthiness” and “honesty”, so he is left with only two things to run on;

1. Rank Racism and Misogyny.
  2. Culture Wars led by the Anti-Abortion movement.

Both things will whip up the crazies to overlook all of his monumental failures and fealty to Vladimir Putin.
He is DESPERATE to maintain his grip upon the White Evangelicals who make up the vast majority of the “rubes” that he manipulates so he is making a preemptive strike to lock them in for his 2020 campaign, which will go down in history as the most hate-filled, scorched-earth campaign in history.

It’s all downhill from here folks. Hang on tight.

7 Likes

Idiot. He does that all the time.

3 Likes

I’ve seen relatives and others in cognitive decline do that. They make a mistake and then quickly attribute it to some outside thing. “It’s Thursday, Dad. Not Friday.” “Oh, right, I was looking at the wrong month on the calendar here.”

5 Likes