Discussion: Trump's New Chief Of Staff Once Called Him A 'Terrible Human Being'

Good to know. I like free. : ) I go with iTunes because it’s easy and retail but their art content is pretty thin. But I bought, bought mind you, The Big Lebowski for five bucks the other day. If you nose around you can find bargains.

ETA my local library system isn’t offering this, but I requested they do so. They’ve got good stuff so I’m sure they’d try to if they could.

Terrible like Tyrannosaurus Rex, but with even smaller hands…

3 Likes

It’s a bit long. I had a young friend who wanted to watch it at our house and she couldn’t believe it - we fast forwarded through the intermission. The last fight inside the village…horses galloping back and forth…could use a tiny edit.

Same with Ran, which I love almost as much. The scene in the burning castle when the concubines stab each other…man that’s good cinema

2 Likes

I skip around myself to see favorite scenes. Gorobei and Kambei are great together. When he bursts out laughing at their ambush setup and says “Surely you jest,” that’s delicious.

2 Likes

Program Note: Today’s one hour episode of “Trump, What an Asshole” questions whether the job “Chief of Staff” should be changed to “Chief of Minions”. Then, The the final 59 minutes of program we will review the various crimes of Ryan Zinke.

3 Likes

My favorite scene in 7 samurai is the ‘gathering of the samurai’ - still trying to get everyone’s name straight after 2 decades and 5 viewings.

2 Likes

Or flushing them down the toilet. That’s how I tend to think of gambling.

Which makes no sense. At least Zeus could change into a swan.

1 Like

For. The. Win. ^^^^^

You totally beat me to it. I was going to suggest that when Mulvaney called Trump a ‘terrible human being’ it was meant as a compliment.

2 Likes

Absolutely. You can’t assign normal human meanings to the terms they use, or normal human values to their actions. :smile:

But of course, our theory might not be correct, and Mulvaney could be just another hypocritical prick. One of those dilly-os with multiple explanations possible.

1 Like

If you have any knowledge of Mulvaney you realize that he is a pretty terrible human being in his own right.

3 Likes

Is Mick’s real name Kevin?

1 Like

That’s a big “unless”. His odds of lasting under that are, what, 1/10?

1 Like

But… What if an applicant were to tell you that his former/present boss truly deserves twenty years in the state pen for conducting sophisticated kickback schemes, - making sure that any recalcitrant employee who doesn’t play by his rules realize without a doubt (high powered gunfire outside of their dwelling at 1:30 a.m. prior to a showdown) that their welfare on this planet is on the line? - not to mention their future in a very small profession where people know one another, extensively. Even to speak and name names would put such an applicant at legal hazard given the accumulated wealth of such a boss and one must consider the possibility of ending up ten feet under out in the Mojave Desert or deep sixed with cement shoes in the Catalina Channel after approaching the Bevery Hills Police or the West LAPD.

1 Like

“Yup, he’s an asshole, but he’s our asshole.”

1 Like

I like the cut of this guy’s jib.

Pass the popcorn.

Not enough likes in this ever expanding universe. Cudos!

2 Likes

He’s probably not all that rich. As for the chicks: he goes for Silicone Valley girls. Feh.

Trump’s New Chief Of Staff Once Called Him A ‘Terrible Human Being’

But he said it in a loving way, like when you say that your best buddy is a “total bastard”.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available