Discussion: Trump's Been Privately Telling His Officials To Cool It On The Iran War Talk

1 Like

Looks like that back channel to russia is working again. Either that or the new SecDef said “over my dead body”.

18 Likes

Mike Flynn, John Bolton and Mike Pompeo all have something in common. Mike Flynn, John Bolton and Mike Pompeo all have something in common. Mike Flynn, John Bolton and Mike Pompeo all have something in common. Mike Flynn, John Bolton and Mike Pompeo all have something in com….

17 Likes

Or he’s just chickenshit. Blinked very big, like a dog!

10 Likes

I’m guessing it’s either painful rectal itch or Islamophobia.

4 Likes

Who and what to believe. It is a puzzle.

1 Like

That kind of narrative would actually get him to do the war, barring any direct prohibition from Putin.

3 Likes

Both of your answers work, but it’s rather odd that a supposed pacifist keeps relying on the ‘same guy.’

2 Likes

Chiselin’ Trump: “We’re already at war with the Democrats. We can’t fight another war with Iran.”

12 Likes

Taking control of another crisis he created. Only God knows where all this is headed.

3 Likes

“I’m guessing it’s either painful rectal itch or Islamophobia.”

i’m hoping it’s painful rectal itch.

5 Likes

Trump for Vladimir Putin already got what they wanted from war talk with Iran. Namely that gas prices have jumped at least around me by $.50 a gallon. That is by causing tensions to rise with Iran Trump is also causing a large transfer of wealth from American consumers to oil producing nations and large oil companies.

Trump’s actions, feigning war with Iran to cause gas prices to spike, is not new. Back when Bush Jr. was president, to be on so on cue as to be predictable, every time oil and gas prices dropped Dick Halliburton Cheney would shake his fist at Iran causing gas prices to jump.

It is hard to say if America was less prepared for war when Cheney was Vice President with American resources so tied up in the unnecessary war in Iraq or today with Trump taking the money for military preparedness to build his wall, but in both cases America’s actions were an obvious bluff intended solely to cause gas to spike.

So of course with an election coming up and Trump busy stealing every cent he can get from the military, now that Putin and big oil are happy, of course Trump will back down from his bluff with Iran. Mission Accomplished.

8 Likes

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and especially White House National Security Adviser John Bolton have been amping up their threats of military force…

“Ours goes up to eleven.”

1 Like

He’s listening to Tucker Carlson? Sure, why not? I’ll bet he has a better chance of getting a security clearance than Jared Kushner, considering Jared’s chances are less than zero.

7 Likes

War is good for some businesses but not hotels and golf courses. Unless they can put a big-assed T on the ships and bombs it’s a loss leader.

3 Likes

Shh, it’s a supposed to be a surprise we’re saving for October 2020.

5 Likes

Little do they know, they’re both actually drummers.

8 Likes

There. Is. No. Plan.
That said, if the shithead wants to avoid anything that produces corpses and missing body parts, I’m fine with it. Tucker Carlson, Vlad, hell I don’t care who holds it back, as long as it’s held back.

12 Likes

They will lose, again. Putin will not allow Donnie Two Scoops to go to war with Iran, no matter how much Bibi yells. Shows who’s got Trumps short hairs firmly in his grasp and who only wishes he did.

10 Likes

I’m siding with and rooting for Tucker Carlson.

Oy vey.

FML.

8 Likes