Discussion: Trump:

Agree, and it’s funny but I now feel that Hillary was not ready to be president in 2008.

When Obama first announced in 2007, I felt that he wasn’t ready. But the past several years has shown that he made many crucial decisions – for the better – that I don’t think anyone else would have.

He has been a disruptive force in a good way.

I think Hillary has learned from Obama and the events of the past eight years, and I think that will help make her a better president.

3 Likes

The GOP black candidate can be dismissed almost immediately for all the reasons we’ve discussed here mockingly and seriously. The two hispanics are not serving their people well because they have to appear rabid race baiters in order to be considered. Jed!, married to a Mexican is far more compassionate towards Latinos which will make him more acceptable in the long run. Also, there is the early speculation that Julian Castro will be on the HRC ticket, a smart, inclusive candidate with a great future on the horizon.

One of Obama’s daughters would work. By that time in American history it shouldn’t be as messed up a deal as it is now.
I’m betting the Obama girls turn out to be pretty damned brilliant as well.

1 Like

For the Republicans using an ethnic candidate is like a company trying to sell a repulsive product by putting it in a different color box. So of course they are market testing a Black and 2 Hispanics. It’s kind of like putting a picture of a mouse on a package of mouse traps.

1 Like

I can’t imagine the First Daughters letting themselves in for the hatred, bigotry, the fishbowl life they’d have and the disrespect their dad was showered with from the very beginning. Brilliant, of course, and in politics maybe but only backstage.

Who dat?
Whomsoever you are referring to, they would be the start of a whole new generation, Generation O or C maybe?
Mom and Pop Clinton will live on by their own actions.

The Kochs are prepared to spend $900 million (it’s weird to even write that figure) to put forward the best candidate they can buy.

This Randy is why we need to be somewhat patient and not get too judgmental out of the gate about things.
I really wish that I could take back some letters that I wrote to President Obama in the first few years. He was working for me and us then but in a quiet, meaningful way that took time to develop, then many things blossomed and big.

Hillary like Barack has seasoned and they have done it together. I have very high expectations of her.

2 Likes

Agree.

I just responded to DaveyJones that by that time hopefully things will lighten up a lot and Hillary will have absorbed all the hate directed at a woman President.
The young generation of today, AKA, the voters of tomorrow aren’t racist or misogynistic like the dying breed of Republicans are. We are talking at least 30 years from now and my kids will be older then than I am now and their kids and my great grandkids will be the future.
To help make the point, my kids had posters of black rappers in their rooms over 15 years ago and they think nothing of blacks and whites ‘hooking up’. This wouldn’t have happened when I was their age just because it didn’t happen much mostly but it’s really common these days.

Hopefully we’ll never have self aggrandizing asshole for president either.

If he means there won’t be another black President anytime soon because Obama is going to be such a difficult act to follow, he may be on to something.

3 Likes

The Clintons have a son-in-law whose mom was in the House. But he’s getting too rich as a hedge fund guy to want to abandon it.

But on The Daughters, they’re tall, good looking, they’ve shown great fashion sense so far, Anna Wintour’s a family friend and a donor, so I say it’s the fashion industry for them

So has Ben Carson rethought his comments how tremendously helpful he found it for The Rump to be hogging the spotlight?

@littlegirlblue
Well, dynasties aren’t exactly all the rage and Democrats are loaded with potential great candidates.
Chelsea Clinton and the Obama girls can do a lot of good works outside of politics as well.

2 Likes

Trump: There Won’t Be Another Black President For Years Because Of Obama…

To which the reporter should have replied… So Mr Trump if you were running against Michelle Obama, how would you run against her? After you published her cell number, of course.

Be our guest

2 Likes

Just imagine if President Obama served as long as FDR did!

(Glad to help.)

2 Likes

Well, you wouldn’t have known it was his point based on the reporting here. Instead, you’d have thought it was some cunning plan to evade the Twenty Second Amendment.

1 Like

The man’s a genius at punking the right wing these days.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available