Discussion: Trump Will Sell Tax Plan As A Benefit For Truckers In Pennsylvania Wednesday

Every time he starts in with this three-card monty, bait and switch, “no really, the rich are not gonna get richer” tax shit, my head starts to hurt.

5 Likes

Just another Drumpy promise . ( I*ll give you 2 cents for the promise ) .

I’m sorry, but DEUTSCHE BANK as the info sourcing? Oh, the irony.

1 Like

Lots of truckers pay the estate tax and business taxes?

2 Likes

You seem to be underestimating how stupid people are.

My head hurts every time I hear the name Trump associated with President.

3 Likes

Trump will argue that his tax reform framework will benefit truckers by lowering their tax rates, boosting manufacturing, and making it easier for families to pass their trucking businesses onto their children,

I’d be willing to make a guess that by the end of 2018, at the earliest, self-driving trucks will be widely accepted. You can add “truck driving” to dying industries like coal mining.

He also wants to encourage multinational companies to bring back, or repatriate, cash that they’ve kept overseas. All told, there’s more than $1 trillion in cash held abroad by S&P 500 companies, according to Deutsche Bank.

sigh So we’re back to the “repatriation” bullshit are we? The Dem Party MUST attack this lie head on because it’s provable garbage. Repatriated funds almost never see the general economy only the company in question.

4 Likes

Remember, dear truckers, that he won’t even manufacture his own products in this country. That he thinks skirting taxes makes him a “good businessman”, and there is no provision that ties the xtra $$$$ going to corporations to bringing manufacturing home, or increasing investment to expand existing manufacturing. This is what you call “Fun House Mirrors and Smoke Screens” in order to give folks like Trump even larger shares of the pie - while ours decrease.

Please think - how many of you, in the audience, are prevented from passing on your ‘family trucking business’ to your family - BECAUSE of the estate tax?

1 Like

Hurts even more to think that millions and millions of your countrymen are going to believe such transparent bat guano.

3 Likes

liar /lī(ə)r/ noun: a person who tells lies.
synonyms: deceiver, fibber, perjurer, false witness, fabricator, equivocator; fabulist; informal storyteller
“Liar! LIar! Liaaaaaaaar! You’re a liar Trump.”

Truckers are exactly the kind of people where the battles over “pass-through” income will be fought. Lots of them are employed as independent contractors, and it would make sense (in the twisted logic of the Neo-Brownback faction) for them to be able to be considered as small businesses with associated tax breaks.

But if this thing gets traction, guess who will be written out of it while KKR and boutique hedge funds are written in.

1 Like

Rump is out to help truckers.
The Interior Secretary cares what Native Americans think about traitor statues.
Whoever the fuck’s in charge of HHS doesn’t think birth control prevents pregnancy.

It’s 9 AM and I’m all trolled out for the day.

1 Like

What REALLY makes me mad is that the big slice of pie in sky, $4,000 tax cut for the middle class is based on Corporations that repatriate their overseas dollars…THEN giving that money to their employees as pay raises.

Because we all know the ONLY THING keeping those corporations from taking care of their employees right NOW are the taxes that they currently DON"T pay to America.

Riiiiiiight.

1 Like

Dear Editor: You misspelled “suckers” in the title of this article.

1 Like

Repatriation of taxes to the US are needed because of all the hurricane-damaged yachts in the Caribbean that have to be replaced.

To be fair, Trump doesn’t understand the tax systems and probably hasn’t done his own taxes in his life. He could last two minutes on any questioning of the details. Trust him! Believe him! As PT Barnum said, " there is a sucker born every minute".

GD used car saleman in chief. He really doesnt get it does he. In a era of just in time manufacturing and multi state/nation production supply chains the era of reliability on trucks to move goods its twilight.

Self-driving trucks are NOT going to be widely accepted by the end of next year. And probably not for at least 10-15 years.

Boosters of self-driving vehicles are vastly underestimating the legal/technical issues that will need to be resolved before these vehicles become ubiquitous on our existing road network.

" eliminate the penalty on returning future earnings back to the United States … estimates that this change alone would likely give the typical American household a $4,000 pay raise.”

For truckers?