Discussion: Trump: Why Should Congress Not Pay What Public Pays For Health Insurance?

I hate to say it but I do agree with him.

3 Likes

so the sabotage begins

8 Likes

A unhinged fraud masquerading as a three year old is president.

4 Likes

Begins? I think you mean “Rolls On”

8 Likes

And here we have an unvarnished example of Trump’s mindset. Make no mistake. He would destroy the nation without hesitation over any slight, real or imagined. Solving problems means nothing when there are debts to be paid and punishments to deliver.

Take note, Republicans. This is the monster you created. He will be dealt with. You can either be part of the solution or swept out when the tide turns. And the tide is turning.

12 Likes

As usual, Whack-Job POTUS has it backward --the real question is why everyone else doesn’t have the same coverage as Congress. Stop the GOP race to the bottom.

11 Likes

The ACA already requires Congress to purchase insurance from the exchanges…

10 Likes

Imagine not having one person in your life who can say, “um, that’s actually not right,” or “you’ve made an error.”

3 Likes

It’s more than sad to realize that the President’s arguments for policies are based on who should be hurt and why. I fervently hope that you’re right and the tide is turning.

5 Likes

Isn’t it is horribly unfair that Congess would be allowed to negotiate group rates like all other competiors do? Ain’t that monstrous?! :grin::grin::grin:

Anybody else notice him sometimes sounding like a universiy freshman pothead?? :sunglasses:

They have to purchase over the exchange but it’s a hybrid situation. The government still pays 70% of the premiums as if they were still covered by the Federal Employee Health Benefit employer plan. Everybody else on the exchange has to rely on the ACA subsidies which are nowhere near as generous.

2 Likes

Freshman potheads are typically a bit more chill. And coherent. :wink:

All federal employees get their employer-based health care coverage from exchanges like the ones in the ACA—which were modeled on the federal exchanges.

All members of Congress are required to buy their coverage from the Obamacare exchanges—a supposed “poison pill” amendment introduced by Republicans in one of their too-numerous-to-count efforts at sabotaging the ACA.

If you want the exact same plans offered to federal employees, then start working for the government.

1 Like

Bingo! Of course they do, thanks to Grassley and a couple of cohorts, who asked in 2010 “why should Congress have it any better than those who have to use the exchanges?”

Because, Senator, Congress and its staff are employed like virtually everyone in this country who gets health insurance from an employer, and particularly like every other federal employee, except Congress and staff have to use the exchange. Some employers pay full premiums (we do), some pay part. The notion that Congress and staff are somehow a favored group because of their status on the exchange is simply bogus.

Actually, if Mick wants to level the playing field, the White House should voluntarily lead the way and take its own employees off the Federal Employee Health Benefits Program. That’ll show 'em.

5 Likes

Clearly, Trump is impotent.

He’s standing in left field arguing that he wouldn’t miss so many fly balls if the pitcher made the catcher give a better target.

4 Likes

I don’t disagree – my point is that instead of threatening to take away the subsidies and coverage that Congress gets, they should be improving the ACA so that everyone can get that same level of coverage.

1 Like

Will this be your fabled $12 a year healthcare donnie?
I don’t trust a goddamn thing you say, donnie.

3 Likes

I think maybe you’re missing the bigger picture here: what Trump is really proposing is to make serving in Congress unaffordable for anyone who isn’t either independently wealthy like himself or sponsored by some corporation.

1 Like

Trump promised health insurance for every American, cheaper premiums, and better coverage. Everything that he subsequently advocates defies his promise. Lunacy!

2 Likes