Discussion: Trump Transition Team Accuses Mueller Of Improperly Obtaining Documents

a sidewalk cafe just down the street from a NYT office, and well known hang out of reporters. :wink:

6 Likes

OT:

Every member of the Trump claque is a rank amateur.

Kory (with a ‘K’) Langhofer is no exception.

1 Like

It does indeed sound like Trump’s co-conspirators are just going for effect. They don’t seem to have much of a legal point.

1 Like

Gosh darn, this is getting downright nostalgic.

Left 5.X Novell for NT server. Didn’t have my hands on it very long. Started with 3.X and then 4.X. But it didn’t make sense to have dual environments and we migrated off.

We go any farther back and I will start getting misty eyed for my old SYS/36s and RPG. Yes I am that warped.

Yes, I was wonder how Langhofer can claim privilege when the time stamp on materials was before Trump took the oath of office which gives him executive privilege? I mean is Trump’s lawyer team going to claim that all of Trump’s papers from the day he popped out his Mom’s whatever to the day he’s finally laid to rest privileged communications and therefore can’t be used in this investigation or any subsequent investigations?

9 Likes

Trump doesn’t have the best legal team? Duh. He doesn’t want to pay top-flight fees! Because, you know, he’s smarter than all of them anyways.

6 Likes

He was elected making hay about “her” emails. Now he’s about to get hung by his own.

Whoever said irony is dead?

16 Likes

that Trump stands alone against the thing in the closet that will eat them up

“You have been eaten by a GRU”

6 Likes

Indeed
The Trump Legal Team

3 Likes

I’ve seen a few recent photos of him where he looks like he’s put on a lot of weight. He was never in very good shape to begin and came into office with early signs of dementia. If his abysmal approval numbers and any Russia investigations don’t pan out we can also still hope nature and the stress of actually having to work takes its toll and does him in.

5 Likes

Kudos on that.

1 Like

I’m starting to come around to the Palmer Report idea … that the GOP just wants to muddy the waters surrounding Trump’s inevitable downfall. So the WaPo report today that he’ll be campaigning with them all next year, should be pretty fun to watch. Oops, can’t make it to my own campaign event - gotta wash my hair!

8 Likes

Notice the use of the term “improperly obtained” and not the term “illegally obtained.”

That suggests to me that the e-mails were obtained in a perfectly legal manner, and that this complaint by the transition team lawyers is not a real legal argument, just more PR spin aimed at undercutting Mueller.

16 Likes

You’re missing the point. This is part of the broad effort Josh has been railing about to delegitimize the Mueller probe. By accusing him of illegally receiving the emails, they’re trying to lay the groundwork to fire him.

It’s got nothing at all to do with the content.

9 Likes

The complaint would be summarily dismissed in court, and they know it.

Trump’s legal defense has been one more akin to a PR defense from day one. His only hope lies in two interwoven points…that he can convince enough republicans to not impeach him (which relies heavily upon convincing enough republican voters that he isn’t guilty), and that the Courts determine that a sitting President can’t be indicted while in office. Everything they do is aimed at achieving those two goals.

More specifically, however…and this is where it gets really bizarre in my opinion, they are quite obviously laying the ground work for attempting to shut down the investigations…both in Congress, and with the Special Counsel. Its bizarre, because forcing that issue is a serious gamble that Congress won’t consider such moves Obstruction in and of themselves, and start impeachment proceedings.

Let me put this in political terms…Trump has had the lowest approval ratings of any first term President since they started keeping records. Midterms in the first term are almost always a referendum on the President. If Trump tries to have Mueller removed, he is not only forcing the midterms to be referendum on himself, but is doing so in perhaps the most unfavorable light possible. And so far, the referendums on his presidency have not gone well at all. So he such a move pretty much guarantees Democrats take back the House, and could very well swing the Senate. And a Democratic House, WILL start impeachment proceedings over removing Mueller.

15 Likes

19 Likes

Both Mueller’s team and Loewentritt pushed back on Langhofer’s accusations.

In an interview with BuzzFeed News, Loewentritt said Beckler “never made that commitment” to Trump’s transition and said members of the transition were informed that if they used GSA devices or materials, those “would not be held back” in the event of law enforcement action.

Trump too damn cheap to buy his own equipment, thus hoisted by his own cheap ass petard.

5 Likes

Democrat Doug Jones: Trump shouldn’t resign over sexual misconduct claims

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/17/doug-jones-democrat-roy-moore-donald-trump

1 Like

Like his campaign technique. Hillary is dying (she’s fine). Hillary’s got this disease (she’s fine). Then Hillary gets pneumonia or whatever, and the effect is emphasized by his prior lies.

Trump is hoping Mueller trips over something.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available