Discussion: Trump To Meet With Democratic Sen. Heidi Heitkamp

Hmph.

Smart move to nab two D Senators for his cabinet and have them replaced with Rs.

14 Likes

Wouldn’t it be a dead end move for her? Doubtful the Democratic party would welcome her back after the experience…

12 Likes

Why do I picture him high atop his evil lair wringing his hands malevolently while thinking up ways to humiliate her, like a contestant on a Japanese game show?

Oh, right, because he probably is.

7 Likes

He just wants to grab her by the pussy and get to know her, that’s all.

9 Likes

If I was Heidi I’d wear sturdy trousers and a heavy apron…

2 Likes

Yes, seems pretty obvious.

1 Like

If he wanted to do that, I doubt she’d be on his short list.

2 Likes

That’s precisely what he is doing here, particularly now that the republican they were hoping to run against her, isn’t going to run.

Its Divide and Conquer.

(BTW, who is the second Senator? Did you mean Tulsi Gabbard? Because she is in the House)

19 Likes

As a North Dakota (non-Indian) native, I like Heidi. Although Justice is no longer available (Sessions), we should want her at Interior over Palin…

Just sayin’: https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2016/11/__interior/

I’m on my way to Standing Rock in support of the tribes, and the Veterans Relief effort over the next several days/daze.

15 Likes

Really Heidi? It is all about your state? You are US SENATOR.

4 Likes

I guess this is always how it’s done…“who is up for re-election in 2018”. That means she’ll sell herself out to stay in office. Given what’s likely to be a disastrous presidency I think banking on Trump’s recent victory silly. I doubt he’s doing well in ND or anywhere in 2018. So the Senator has a choice. Sell out or hold. If she goes with Trump she’ll need to flip parties if the Democrats have any stones at all.

6 Likes

Palin is going to the VA. Or perhaps secretary of spying on Putin from her front porch.

7 Likes

I know, that annoys me as well – but they all say it. I’d say something like: “I was elected to represent my state and I will do so to the best of my ability, but I am also a U.S. Senator – so I also will do what is best for the U.S. as a whole.” Or something similar.

3 Likes

are we sure about that? https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2016/11/__interior/

I stand corrected. One Senator. He can task Gabbard with finding the truth on Obama’s birth certificate.

5 Likes

Is this good? Bad? What is this? Hope she isn’t a potential defector. What’s her value to him?

She is a bit of a Blue Dog already, so a flip wouldn’t be that huge of a move.

But, the early indications are that she is probably pretty well positioned to hold her seat in ND. Though of course, a one term Democratic senator there is never safe. My point is, its probably a bit premature for her to jump to his Cabinet.

2 Likes

It’d be a road to no where if joins his cabinet. She’ll have far more power as a moderate Dem in the Senate.

7 Likes