Discussion: Trump Tells Lawmakers 'We Don’t Want To Forget DACA' After Ending Program

“We sure showed THEM! didn’t we? And we’ll make 'em pay for it!”

2 Likes

You should change your screen name to “Pollyanna.”

7 Likes

Trump’s razor: Either he has gained some bit of empathy for the Dreamers or he’s media savvy enough to know that the pictures of Dreamers who carried people to safety from the flood waters of Harvey might cement his image as a heartless bastard and would be used against him in 2020…

We all know that he craves – CRAVES – adoration. So I’m going with door #2.

10 Likes

“We want to see if we can do something with regard to immigration, with regard to the 800,000 people that are now young people, they’re not children anymore"

How about not holding them hostage? Let’s give that a shot and see how that works.

11 Likes

President Donald Trump said Wednesday that “we want to see if we can do something” for the nearly 800,000 young undocumented people who had been protected by DACA, or Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, until he ended the program on Sept. 5.

Uh, maybe rescind your Executive Order? Do ya think that’d be a start?
Or, maybe ice cream cones for all the Dreamers as you force them out of their homes and out of their country?

3 Likes

“We want to see if we can do something with regard to immigration, with regard to the 800,000 people that are now young people, they’re not children anymore,” he added Wednesday. “They were children, now they are young people, but we want to see if we can do something in a bipartisan fashion so that we can solve the DACA problem, and other immigration problems.”

I wonder if there are any Republican donors that need slave labor to increase their profits? s/

AKA Trump’s impersonation of someone who actually has a beating heart. Never lasts more than a fleeting moment or two.

5 Likes

‘I wanna be POPULAR! Don’t you knuckleheads get it??? I wanna be loved by all! Make it happen!’

3 Likes

After you all make me sign that nasty anti-Nazi thing, we have to do something to reassure the base.

Maybe get the DACA kids to pay for the wall.

1 Like

Another option exists.

DACA wasn’t about him. Doesn’t have his name anywhere on it. Announcing he was ending DACA turned into stories about the Dreamers, not about Trump.

So naturally, he got bored with it. It always has to be about HIM, and he certainly is not going to share the spotlight with “those” people!

9 Likes

Could have also just been that last bit of Bannon caught in his limited RAM…

1 Like

Don’t worry, you slimeball SOB, we won’t forget.

4 Likes

So what you mean is, we need to find a way to make it the TRUMP Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals.

4 Likes

"…it’s already been a week and a half and people don’t talk about it as much.”

Maybe because every single freaking day is another sh*tstorm from you and your “administration”. We’re having a hard time dividing our outrage.

3 Likes

I think Trump is signalling he’d support that. Not to trivialize the size of it, but I think the roadblock here is the GOP Congress, rather than Trump. And yes, I’m surprised to be saying that.

1 Like

This man is demented. What the heck is he talking about. We’ve forgotten about DACA?? Excuse me. It has been talked everyday since he stupidly rescinded the order. He’s a liar and trying reframe the argument so we can think that he cares.

1 Like

If Trump is serious about this, he’ll pressure the GOP to do a deal. I think we also need to pressure Congress over the next three months. Continuing to harp on the EO while this sits in Congress’ lap is not just wasting time and energy, it’s counter-productive. If Congress fails to act despite public pressure then we can go back to hammering both Trump and the GOP Congress about Dreamers. But right now, we need to be pushing for a Dreamer act.

Not to mention actual storms, storms that have killed people, but hey Mar-A-Lago is A-OK.

1 Like

Proof that there is no god.

1 Like

They will get right on it after they solve the opioid crisis. Gees give Donald a break, being president are hard!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available