Discussion: Trump Spins Dismal Jobs Report: 'The Economy Is Very, Very Strong'

Winning! Best jobs news ever! We own the liberuls!

7 Likes

You forgot “Fake News!”

3 Likes

…but not “powerful”.

2 Likes

‘the economy’s great!’ he continued,‘you have no idea how much money I’ve made selling policy decisions, and my base loves it.’

6 Likes

I don’t know a lot about this kind of thing so I’m curious if the fact that we have such low unemployment could also affect the jobs number?

3 Likes

Yikes. Buckle-up.

Happy about stock market on day it is down 150+ points

4 Likes

Donnie just has to point to all the new attorney’s he had to hire last month…

5 Likes

Holy habaneros, Batman! I’ve seen better spin from a 450-ton dreidel.

2 Likes

Theoretically, if were at a true “full employment” number, then maybe. But I don’t think anyone really believes that, as there are other measures of unemployment that show that there are still people who could re-enter the workforce.

This is likely to be an anomaly, likely to be revised upward next month, but this was definitely a surprise and there will be a lot of speculation as to just what is going on.

2 Likes

Oh, crashing the economy will show those fucking libtards!

But however will Bubba and Bonita Jean continue to tweak without a weekly income?!

5 Likes

Well, at least everyone who still doesn’t have a job who wants one got a massive tax cut last year.

3 Likes

These Marine One Maundering sessions are sooooo tiresome. They ask him about some problem and he brays about three irrelevant and mostly imaginary things he presents as good and then he wanders off. I’m not sure how to describe what’s accomplished by it but the word “journalism” doesn’t fit.

18 Likes

We need to add about 150k jobs each month just to keep the economy expanding - at the same time there are probably more jobs currently available than people to fill them given the low unemployment rate. So yes - it is likely that the low unemployment is putting downward pressure on this number. However, there are still millions of people unemployed. 20k is such a low number that it will be seen as an indicator that economy could be contracting sooner rather than later.

4 Likes

The economy is so strong that the editor of Financial Times is saying investors are on red alert because of signs the economy is slowing down.

Winning.

10 Likes

It seems to me it took a couple of years after Obama was elected for the economy to begin to really recover from the mess he inherited.

Seems like the same thing is happening now, except Donnie didn’t inherit a mess, he built it.

4 Likes

I invested my $1.89 tax cut, and it’s almost up to $2.00 now.

Thanks, Donnie…

5 Likes

That’s refreshing. At least Trump didn’t blame President Obama.

1 Like

sure it is:
DOW JONES INDEX
25,353.60 -119.63 (-0.47%) 11:02:56 AM EST MI Indication*

32 hour work week so no benefits
Incredible low pay
.05 tax break
debt at record high
trade policy worse than before
And they ended recycling here because china said, no more
bigly wins. huh huh

6 Likes