Discussion: Trump Seems Stung At Reports That Few Wanted COS Job: Insists 'MANY' Did

What we have before us, metaphorically, is the Incredible Shrinking President.

Or is it just me who thinks that he has over-tweeted while being over-heated and is acting like a child who is being ignored. Like the opposite of what we have seen for several years where he sucks the media oxygen out of a room and news cycle. Until, suddenly he doesn’t.

8 Likes

Doesn’t this leave two administration jobs open now?

1 Like

Cabinet level I don’t even know, but it’s hundreds and hundreds compared to normal. He never did a proper transition and just left hundreds of key jobs unfilled.

13 Likes

60 retired generals and admirals came to him, and in tremulous voices at being In The Presence said “Sir, let us serve you in the tremendous job you are doing for part of America.”

2 Likes

You express what we all feel.

6 Likes

yes, a fantasy world of:
“Increasing pollution in the air and water won’t bother me and mine”
“Massive income inequality has never led to social unrest and economic ruin for countries.”
“If you work hard and are honest, you will become wealthy.”

2 Likes

Technically to be clear I wouldn’t express it quite that way.

2 Likes

We just don’t have a government and we haven’t had a functioning government since the Tiny Criminal Inauguration. Amazing the country still toddles along.

7 Likes
37 Likes

Pant loads. Good observation about his fantasy world.

1 Like

The never admit a mistake is still the prevailing culture among SLTs in Fortune 100 land. They are trying to move to “fail fast fix forward” and say it’s okay to fail. Never gonna happen. But it would be fun to bring up during bonus conversations.

1 Like

They weren’t prepared for and didn’t expect to win. They wanted to ride the victimhood gravy train to riches.

7 Likes

Kushner’s name had been floated for the job. So if someone as blindingly ambitious, stupendously incompetent, and rapacious as he turns down the job -as a family member -no less, that tells you all you need to know.

Kushner likes to do his dirty work from off stage, without the klieg lights of an official position that would carry actual obligations . He seems to have these vague responsibilities as some sort of “senior aide”, like Ivanka, that doesn’t mean anything. It’s a gutless and selfish move that paves the way for self-dealing.

7 Likes

Did Preshitident Skanky-Manslut ask for Central American-terrorist financier and White Horse Prophet Mitt Romney’s binders full of women?

Off course he’s stung. It’s an affront to his ego and that’s it. Nothing to do with a properly functioning Executive Branch or ensuring he’s properly staffed in order to fulfill his duties and obligations to the American people.

5 Likes

Are you suggesting that the Norwegian Blue wanted the job ? (Lovely plumage, the Norwegian Blue.)

7 Likes

And, let us hope, in subsequent ones.

2 Likes

If I was looking to fill a job that was highly coveted, I would also choose the person who referred to me as a terrible human being.

5 Likes

That, and they suck at life. Simple question: How long has Trump known he didn’t like Kelly and wanted him out? How long? And yet they didn’t have one candidate lined up and ready to go who could check all the boxes like WANTS THE FUCKING JOB for starters, isn’t laughable, isn’t evidently unsure if it’s a good idea, you know, the usual stuff you look for.

18 Likes

Indeed!

dot com

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available