Discussion: Trump Says He'll Impose Yet More Sanctions On North Korea

Trump Says He’ll Impose Yet More Sanctions On North Korea

Sanctions that China and Russia will make sure everybody knows that they will ignore. Somebody should tell Trump that all this barking does not make him look strong, it makes him look impotent, Gral. Kelly, you there?

1 Like

In his address to the United Nations General Assembly on Tuesday, Trump called North Korean leader Kim Jong Un’s regime “depraved” and said its “reckless pursuit of nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles threatens the entire world with unthinkable loss of human life.”

Further proof that Republican’ts lack the irony gene. If this isn’t the definition of projection, then I don’t know what is.

As for further sanctions, what’s left? Pomade???

3 Likes

As a sobriquet, “Rocket Man” sounds kinda cool, like “Commando Cody”, or “The Rocketeer”, or “Jetpack Jones” or Gyrocopter Geoffrey".

3 Likes
3 Likes

Trump: We know sanctions do NOT work if Obama does it. But when I do it, they work, because I called him RocketMan.

10 Likes

Oh boy, Saturday morning teevee. I can’t believe I was ever that young.

2 Likes

Big joke among all my friends was " I want to go up (turns dial) and I want to go fast (turns dial) Zoom!

1 Like

I prefer Major Tom.

1 Like

Or in case of Mike Flynn, “General Misha”

3 Likes

Sanctions only work if you get the rest of the world to go along with them. You can’t be both a nationalist (America Only! Screw the World!) and a successful sanctioner.

7 Likes
"[W]e will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea,” Trump said.

As opposed to partially destroy it.

1 Like

I would say the Barber Electric shavers so he can’t get those high side cuts

1 Like

Sad Weak
Just cut to the chase and blow them up Donnie

2 Likes
“The United States has great strength and patience, but if it is forced to defend itself or its allies, we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea,” Trump said, and deployed his newest nickname for Kim: “Rocket Man is on a suicide mission for himself and for his regime.”

Can Elton John sue him for intellectual-property theft?

2 Likes

“No choice”. The favorite phrase of authoritarian dictators seeking a casus belli. False dichotomy. there are always multiple possibilities.

3 Likes

What, Donald? No more colored toilet paper? Teaberry Gum? Pop Rocks? Spam?

5 Likes

Yooge sanctions! The best sanctions. Tremendous sanctions. Believe me. Very, very, very tough.

7 Likes

No Trump-branded golf course for you!

3 Likes