Discussion: Trump’s Inauguration Paid Trump’s Company — With Ivanka In The Middle

I don’t want to be a downer on this thread. After all, it’s the holidays, the Mueller investigation appears to be picking up speed, and every couple of days there’s a new bombshell like this story that makes us all giddy with anticipation that we’ll finally see the end of the Trump presidency. Also, your jibe about blow darts and hyperactive boys is mild, clearly not intended to be offensive to anyone (except, maybe, to school nurses and adolescent boys), and very much in keeping with the back-and-forth that I come to TPM to read and sometimes participate in.

In other words, I’m not trying to pick on you, but I do see this as a teachable moment, so here goes: ADHD, while not fully understood in terms of processes and etiology, is a real mental/neurological illness on a par with depression and bipolar disorder. Left undiagnosed and untreated (as it often is among adults), a severe case can wreck a person’s life, and milder cases can impede careers and damage relationships. And while plenty of neurotypicals do abuse Adderall (since, as godwit points out, they’re in a sense legalized amphetamines), for those with ADHD stimulants are often the only way to achieve a semi-normal life.

You may know all this. You may actually have ADHD and feel that allows you to make jokes about it. But again—teachable moment. Just wanted to put this out there.

1 Like

You are right. I was too glib. No matter what my relationship to the disease (and middle school nurses distributing meds) I shouldn’t make light of it. Good correction.

3 Likes

Authentic looking real life mob wives.

The chief reason is to keep current the word ‘emoluments’.

1 Like

This move was garranteed to occur, it is an SOP business practice. That is hire “friends and family” for events. Must pay yourself first then if anything happens, such as a bankruptcy, you got yours.

1 Like

Behind every great whore there is a wonderful pimp, thug and madam. Meet the madam of the Mother Russia Whorehouse that is raking in the cash for her Putin whore.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available