Discussion: Trump Releases List Of 11 Potential Supreme Court Justices

Many from swing states, I notice. That’s usually the job of the VP candidate.

3 Likes

Isn’t he jumping the gun on this?

6 Likes

I am willing to bet that this was an issue discussed in the “unity” meeting.

8 Likes

I’ll have to research this list a bit, but I’m guessing 1950s vintage spittle flecked decisions are common for the group.

4 Likes

From 1995 to 1996 Steven Colloton was an associate independent counsel in the Office of Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr.

8 Likes

I bet there is a bit of crossover between this list and a list of his donors.

5 Likes

I must refer everyone here who has not seen or heard this to at least read Obama’s remarks at Rutgers Graduation

10 Likes

After graduating from law school, Allison Eid served as a law clerk for U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Jerry Edwin Smith and then for U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.

4 Likes

I wonder if they had to submit their tax returns to Herr Drumpf.

5 Likes

***Raymond Gruender authored the Eighth Circuit’s opinion in In Re Union Pacific Railroad Employment Practices Litigation, No. 06-1706, which concluded that the Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978 did not give female employees the right to insurance coverage for contraceptives used solely to prevent pregnancy.***[5][6] This opinion has been cited in the context of the debate over the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act contraception mandate.

5 Likes

Nope. McConnell is already scheduling hearings for next week.

12 Likes

If Clarence Thomas steps down, is Trump going to replace him with one of these white people? What if Sotomayor steps down?

1 Like

From Business Insider:

Senate Democrats tried to block Bill Pryor’s nomination to the 11th Circuit court, saying that he had described Roe v. Wade as “the worst abomination in the history of constitutional law.”

But Bush installed Pryor during a recess appointment, which meant he didn’t have to get the Senate’s confirmation.

7 Likes

He’ll find someone who enjoys taco bowls.

11 Likes

I can think of one Colo SupCt justice that I would like to see appointed to the US SupCt, but it is not Allison Eid. It is Monica Marquez.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/Bio.cfm?Employee_ID=634

1 Like

Willett also helped with select litigation, including efforts to protect the Ten Commandments monument on the Texas Capitol grounds and also the ***Pledge of Allegiance when it was challenged for including the words “under God.***”

3 Likes

“Donald Trump released Wednesday a list of 11 possible nominees he would put forward to fill the Supreme Court vacancy.”

Judge Judy, Joseph Wapner, Harold T. Stone, Judge Dredd, Flip Wilson, Simon Cowell, Henry X. Harper, Chamberlain Haller, Chuck Barris, Rip Taylor, and Jaye P. Morgan.

29 Likes

Hey! At least they’re all judges.

2 Likes

That’s not tyranny. Except if Obama does it.

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available