Discussion: Trump Promises DACA Decision Friday Or Over Weekend: 'We Love The Dreamers'

1 Like

“Friday or over the weekend”

– The precise timing gauged to create the maximum distraction away from unfolding events damaging to the unpresident.

13 Likes

Cue the “repeal-and-replace” tweet in 3 … 2 … 1 …

8 Likes

“"We love the Dreamers,” he said. “We love everybody. Thank you very much.”

“What do you say to the Dreamers who are scared right now?” a reporter asked later.

“I think Dreamers are terrific,” Trump replied."

“I love Dreamers so much I plan to destroy their lives by deporting them to a country they don’t know,” Trump added.

9 Likes

Doesnt make any sense…what an idiot…playing diversion over the comey info coming out today.?.

1 Like

Btw, OT but important. I just found out there’s a website that tracks the themes of the messaging from Russian twitterbots. I am amazed that I only just today heard about this. It ought to be daily reading for everyone who has to deal with feral Trumpers or the people who take Bernie to the cultish level, or even those who just care about democracy.

The Russians are still at it. This is the thing that people aren’t getting. It didn’t stop on Election Day. It never stopped. Russian intelligence services’ continue to use social media to drive pro-Trump, and more generally, anti-democratic memes into the our discourse and, particularly, into the sealed echo chambers True Believers have sealed themselves into on Facebook.

http://dashboard.securingdemocracy.org/

*Update: turns out it wasn’t OT. “DACA” is the top trending hashtag of the Russian bots over the last 48 hours.

12 Likes

Based on the history of our alt-president, that sounds like the kiss of death.

6 Likes

But at least he didn’t say, “We’ll see what happens.”

2 Likes

Trumps loves the Dreamers. He just doesnt like their parents. Someone probably told him the Dreamers were a song troupe like Up With People. Probably is confusing it with Dreamgirls. He saw that once. (But was probably on his phone in the lobby the whole time dealing with bankruptcy issues at the time)

The real question is: Does Donald Trump love the Dreamers more than he hates Barack Obama?

6 Likes

I’ll Let you know …
It will be real soon …
I’ll be making a big announcement…
You’re going to be very surprised…

Ya Donnie , it might have provided incremental increases in Apprentice ratings.
Presidential ratings , Not so much
We’ve seen this show before and it’s getting Real old

6 Likes

Trick question ? ? …

I’m not takin’ the bait —

2 Likes

Can we just send his 11-year-old to Slovenia instead?

2 Likes

Is that a chicken and egg question?

1 Like

“We love the Dreamers,” he said.

“But we love the Nazis and KKK more,” he added.

3 Likes

Makes perfect sense.
In his childlike perspective of the world …that’s big thinking
I any situation he can be counted on to make the most egregious dumbass move .
I outsmarted them this time he chuckles to himself

3 Likes

If donnie has an ounce of love for anything besides his own reflection and Ishanka’s boobs …

I’ll eat my hat —

4 Likes

I think your hat is safe.

3 Likes

“I think the Dreamers are terrific,”

This is like Ramsey Bolton cooing in Theon’s ear while he works the gelding knife.

Fuck Trump and the white nationalists he’s pandering to.

6 Likes

Yup. Right up there with “fullest confidence”…

3 Likes