Discussion: Trump Pokes Fun At VA Chief, Mouths 'You're Fired' Catchphrase (VIDEO)

Great. My anxiety level is high enough already with the healthcare bill.

1 Like

It’s Rolex Time, Tully Blanchard!

2 Likes

Thanks for the link, irasdad! I agree with @ignoreland - I was surprised to see no mention of our current occupant until I noticed the December 2014 date of publication.

I do take some solace in knowing that in 20, 30, 40 years from now, Tramp will be written about in the same articles as Hitler, bin Laden, the Kims of NK, Jim Jones, David Koresh and so many other madmen of recent history. And his most ardent, fact-averse followers will be seen as the ignorant blind lemmings and enablers that they are.

3 Likes

Meanwhile, the fragile victim who wants to play with the Big Boys blocked the veteran advocacy group Vote Vets from his twitter. What a fucking coward!

The Commander in Chief can block @VoteVets, the voice of 500k military veterans and families, but we will NOT be silenced. pic.twitter.com/SaCN5hKU9R

— VoteVets (@votevets) June 13, 2017

Jehoshaphat! What the !%$&*#$#@

3 Likes

I do for one. What we’re seeing now with the GOP and their Orange crush is exactly why Plato considered strict democracy one of the lowest forms of government. Because it tends towards mob mentalities that can be harnessed and controlled by a tyrant (the lowest form of government). It’s also why the Founders called their experiment a Republic, and spent so much effort in constructing a 3-tiered system of checks and balances empowering laws. Something more insulated from such tendencies, but not immune to them - especially a dogmatic fascist streak perpetuated over 60-80 years like we’ve seen happening with one of our major parties in particular.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s clear but the paragraph is a quote from an essay at NYT from one of its resident liberals, Tim Egan. Personally I’m not going to throw my hands up and surrender six months into this regime, there is freedom all around me, and it’s recognizable for what it is. This isn’t Egypt or Turkey where one could not do most of the things we take for granted, and I have faith checks and balances will stay in place.

1 Like

At this stage, “the crowd’s unspoken needs and cravings” are proving even more worrisome than the leaders embodying them.

1 Like

“poked a little fun” - more like being an a##.
So NOT "presidential.

Trump, Shulkin and an audience of dozens had gathered in the East Room to sign into law the VA Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act, which aims to protect VA whistleblowers and make it easier to fire department employees.

Wait a second… everyone knows that whistleblowers are nothing but filthy leakers. So I’m not sure how donnie “the antileaker” trump can support this bill?

1 Like

I wish him a lot of luck in his next endeavour. I hope he enjoys the time he is about to get to spend more time with his family. I do not wish any misfortune upon him. But, karma is a crazy, mentally ill, drunk, drug addicted, angry woman that is about to get ahold of him. We’ll see. I don’t think this fool is going to like the next season of his TV show.

Nice mashup.

1 Like

Because they refuse to listen to anything but FOX and hate radio which is why they never hear about anything negative about Republicans esp. Trump. It’s almost unbelievable the things they “think” happened or didn’t happen because of all the misinformation out there.

I’m not so sure about those checks and balances any longer. Republicans will overlook anything it seems.

There it is

1 Like

They’re already using this on Fox as the most positive thing to say about him.

1 Like

If you lie down with the dogs…

Well, I guess Pride is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, so all is well

5 months - 43 to go…

Vets will believe it when Republicans slip a knife in their backs.

I shudder to think how he would treat a dog. He’s bad enough with his appointees.

1 Like

Wonder if he’ll fire the captain of the Fitzgerald?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available