Discussion: Trump Plays Greatest Hits To Rabid Rally Crowd, Downplays Family Separations

How big was the crowd ?

4 Likes

Ana Marie Cox panned her phone around at one point and the arena or whatever it was seemed pretty full.

2 Likes

I truly believe this last week will be a major turning point in Trump’s presidency, for however long it lasts. It’s now clear to everyone, even the timid Democrats, that Trump is a coward who can be defeated just by repeatedly saying “no.”

5 Likes

Many of them paid attendees.

3 Likes

Is this something you assume, or something you know ?

@Mattinpa thanks !

3 Likes

I have great concern at this point about the integrity of the voting machines, etc, for this November. I have to figure they’ve refined their skills in scamming them, and there hasn’t been cooperation or progress in safeguarding them. I don’t know how we can shine a light on this.

7 Likes

President Trump was in Duluth for a campaign rally in front of more than 8,000 supporters

5 Likes

So, about the same attendance as at a high school football game in Texas?

9 Likes

It’s certainly possible. I know the tickets are typically free. But there are lots of people who like the bastard and get jazzed from hearing him talk. If you’re awful yourself it’s not often you get a president who’s as awful as you to cheer for.

It’s a huge piece of evidence that Trump’s administration is sitting on its hands over this. Huge. But the national government doesn’t run the elections. Where I live it’s really the county. And I have to think any entity running an election has an investment in the reliability of the actual results. Anything looks wrong and you’ve got a storm of chaos, injunctions, lawsuits, investigations. Legal voter suppression is one thing, active changing tallies is quite another. The Russkies are certainly emboldened to try, and the uproar would suit them fine. It’s a mess, long story short.

6 Likes

How many of these are true believers ? Trump has, at other times, padded the crowd by various means…

2 Likes

“The elite! Why are they elite?” Trump wondered. “I have a much better apartment than they do. I’m smarter than they are. I’m richer than they are. I became president and they didn’t.”

So, does Trump want to be called one of the elite now? Still trying to break into the crowd he’s wanted to be part of and accepted by for so long? Is there such a thing as the vile, despicable, corrupt elite? Because he’s president of that club.

12 Likes

The Guardian:

Trump drew thousands from all over Minnesota and Wisconsin to a rally in Duluth on Wednesday.

If that 8000 number is correct, that doesn’t bode too well for the Dotard’s thought that he will be capturing MN in 2020. Bottom line is trump is only a showman… hopefully he can be banished before 2020

2 Likes

“The elite! Why are they elite?” Trump wondered. “I have a much better apartment than they do. I’m smarter than they are. I’m richer than they are. I became president and they didn’t.”

This from a guy who went to military school (private) and UPenn (because Wharton is the GRADUATE SCHOOL, not the undergrad school tRump transferred to). Reading this, tRump IS defining himself as the elite, but Republican voters never notice the rich people they tend to vote for ARE the very elite they seem to hate.

2 Likes

“I have a much better apartment than they you do. I’m smarter than they you are. I’m richer than they you are. I became president and they you didn’t.”

All this to roaring applause. And the band played on.

4 Likes

This rally looks more like a celebration of mediocrity.

4 Likes

He does not want EQUALS (the elite) he wants PRIMACY (himself on top).

2 Likes

I thought it was going to be 20,000.

1 Like

I’d be careful with the “bussed in crowds” theories. That’s been RWNJ territory recently.

2 Likes

denounced his political opponents and those who make unauthorized border crossings, suggesting that the money used to care for those immigrants could be better spent on the nation’s rural communities and inner cities. “Democrats put illegal immigrants before they put American citizens. What the hell is going on?” asked Trump, prompting the crowd to chant “Build the wall!”

It doesn’t take a political genius to see why this line of argument can work. The Democrats had better take note.

mocked the idea that his opponents — whether liberals or media executives — were always called “the elite.” “The elite! Why are they elite?” Trump wondered. “I have a much better apartment than they do. I’m smarter than they are. I’m richer than they are. I became president and they didn’t.”

If he wants to know why liberals are “always called ‘the elite,’” he should ask his fellow Republicans; it’s their rhetoric.

4 Likes