Discussion: Trump, Pence Honor MLK Day With Two-Minute Visit To Memorial

Yes, Fred and his son had a filling system coded in this way, they settled out of court for a lot money for discrimination in housing and called it a win because they didn’t have to go to court.

1 Like

Unless or until it clashes with Saudi Arabia.

1 Like

Mississippi and Alabaistan still celebrate Robert E Lee on this day.

Well… Donald didn’t throw the wreath out the window in a “drive by”
That’s something.
No much.
But something.

1 Like

“I don’t think they recognize it still in Arizona. They maybe finally decided to but they didn’t for a long time.”

NO! We recognize it in AZ.
It took many years of trying. And, it was reversed once.
But we did prevail.
We do have an MLK Day holiday.

1 Like

I’m surprised the effigy didn’t collapse and squish them

1 Like

Trump: My bad luck, it didnt rain or snow today. I was forced to go.

That’s about a minute longer than most people will spend pissing on the Trump and Pence graves.

2 Likes

Who was that other fat guy with Trump and Pence???

The whole thing seemed like an afterthought really. I imagine Current Occupant saw on television earlier that people were doing “commemorative stuff” and asked staffers what would be the most effortless gesture possible.

2 Likes

at this moment Ann Coulter is SCREAMING at Trump for having the audacity to get out of the car.

Or the statue of himself at his presidential library.

I saw it and it was a depressing reminder for me how awful those years were. I was so wrapped up opposing the war I hadn’t fully appreciated at the time the details of how Cheney installed his own loyalists around W. One thing I took away from the film is that Rumsfeld’s position in the Nixon White House was similar to Stephen Miller’s current position is today,leading me to wonder, where will that miserable little prick be 30 years down the road after the GOP rehabilitates itself, and you know it will. Bale rocks, though, and the movie makes clear for those who haven’t thought about it much just how effectively the Koch Bros. and right wing ideologues plan and organize.

1 Like

I think you might like the film. It is “warts and all” and does not in any way absolve Cheney of his many sins. All the performances were spectacular, but Bale inhabited his role. And it made me hate the Cheney Administration more than ever.

1 Like

@epicurus

I’m opposed to seeing this film for a whole lot of political reasons but I love Bale’s work, esp. American Hustle so I suppose I should because he’s been nominated for Best Actor and Amy Adams whom I also like so much for Best Supporting Actress. The husband’s not eager to see it either for all the reasons I mentioned, but he could change it mind too. But It’s my sense that it may be on its way out of theaters at this point.

1 Like

@jakcarr

It’s probably completely gone from theatres by now but one which truly is a must see is this. It’s McCarthy in a very good atypical role based on a true story with Richard Grant as her partner in crime. He’s been nominated for Best Supporting Actor which I’d say he deserves.

Yes!! Thanks for the reminder. I remember seeing the previews and thinking it was worth seeing, but I never made it to the theater if it played here. I’ll keep an eye out for it.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available