Discussion: Trump On Being In Terror Recruitment Vid: 'I Have To Say What I Have To Say'

Discussion for article #244241

And you know what I have to say? There’s a problem. We have to find out what is the problem. And we have to solve that problem."

Um, this is not what he said. Or it’s, at the very least, not the money quote. Wonder why he didn’t repeat the “keep all the Muslims out” meme?

3 Likes

“What am I going to do? I have to say what I have to say.”

Because me saying it is the single most important thing that has ever existed.

3 Likes

The IS recruitment video is also a major recruitment tool being now used by the Trump campaign. It’s the blessing that’ll keep on giving, to Trump and IS. As far as Trump is concerned, that it strengthens his own candidacy is best news he’s had for a few days, and he gets a lot of best news these days, no matter what he says. Such is the state of affairs in American - shot to hell. Contrary to what I once considered to be common sense, Trump is very likely to see another yuuuuge boost to his support numbers, considering the type of populace who like and support him. IS wants Trump as the US President, and that makes sense to me. Trump is and will be IS a major recruitment tool for IS worldwide, probably even for the disaffected Muslim right here in the good ole land of the free. He even pisses me off and I’m only a typical citizen, watching the decay and implosion of my country’s government, taking my life right along with it.

2 Likes

A wretch has to do what a retch has to do

15 Likes

So Donnie admits he has no control over what comes out of his mouth.
edit
“What am I going to do?”
Well, you could quit, Donnie

And on another note…@Ralph_VonHolst … it’s nice to see you!! Here’s hoping you feel well!!

10 Likes

Funny, I didn’t see anything about Tourette’s syndrome in Trump’s yuuuge and amazing excellent medical report.

3 Likes

I have to say what I have to say. And you know what I have to say? There’s a problem. We have to find out what is the problem. And we have to solve that problem."

Gosh, yeah, that’s real helpful. So basically he’s admitting that he doesn’t even understand the problem, much less have any sort of plan. But he thinks he’s brilliant for working out that there’s some kind of problem, because, you know, no one else has noticed that radical jihadist terrorism exists, and certainly no one else has mentioned it.

And yet somehow his halfwit supporters hear him make meaningless pronouncements like this, and cheer him on like he’s some great leader. All I can say is I wouldn’t hire a Trump supporter to run a toll booth. And that’s out of kindness – I think the mental effort needed for the job would leave them exhausted.

11 Likes

And when we find out the problem is you, Donnie?

1 Like

I can’t understand why the media hasn’t figured out he will never answer their questions. Instead, if they stopped covering him they would be better served. He is thriving on the coverage so maybe they should just cut his sorry ass oft

3 Likes

Well, no. We would be better served. I think the media knows exactly what it is doing, which is why so many people revere and respect it.

2 Likes
             The Dumpster's biggest problem ? ?

His scalp is beginning to show —

1 Like

So, let’s start with the basics. Since he claims “there is a problem” I think he needs to tell us what he thinks the problem is. He’s doing the complaining, so…just what is it that is wrong? Since no refugee has been convicted of a “terrorist crime” clearly that’s not the problem. So…tRump…what’s the problem?

Methinks the only problem is his bigotry, racism, and xenophobia. THAT’s the problem. The solution is obvious. Ignore him!

1 Like

Hmmmm. So this only re-confirms Clinton was correct, and Trump is a dangerous asshole. Must be Sunday.

7 Likes

Let me make it simple for you Donnie. ISIS has no ability to strike in the US unless it recruits people who are already here. People who help them recruit are the problem. You, Mr Trump, are helping them recruit because you are threatening the millions of Muslims who are not pro ISIS. You,are giving them reasons to hate America. Mr Trump, you are part of the problem.

If you were president, every time you are too stupid to think before you speak could cost us dearly. A president can start wars and trigger panic with his words. I only hope the majority of voters are smart enough to realize this and vote against you.

6 Likes

He’s like Sinatra, man! He’s gotta be he! He’s gotta be he! What else can he be, but who he be?

9 Likes

Or the “take out the families …” of terrorists meme.

1 Like

Hee, hee, hee.

1 Like

OK I’m mostly being silly but seriously, all the big writers talk about nativism and Know-Nothings and that’s all relevant but my own observation is that if you listen to him, he’s tremendously influenced by corny Vegas-style talk. At his rallies, you listen to the rhythms of it, the general style, and it’s apparent he’s up there doing schtick. Stands to reason, it’s one of the few ways to address a crowd a vulgarian ignoramus like him would be aware of.

6 Likes

The Popeye defense, “I yam what I yam.” Despite possessing many fine qualities and certainly superior to comic-book-villain The Donald in most respects, not exactly presidential.