Discussion: Trump Offers Prayers To NBA Star's Family Hours After Boastful Tweet

Tweeted from an iPad so certainly not from Trump but from his campaign staff.

He should have offered his condolences (but that would never actually cross his mind) and left it at that. Instead he tried to exploit a tragedy. Later he had an opportunity to correct himself, but only deleted the tweet to fix the misspelling of Dwyane’s name and tweet the same exploitive thought.

He probably still doesn’t understand what he has done wrong.

49 Likes

Hmmmm.

1 Like

I have a recurring nightmare that Mount Rushmore will be resculpted into Trump’s likeness, with his finger pointing skyward and his mouth forming that horrible anus-shaped oval.

14 Likes

That’s from the campaign staff, not from Trump. It claims two actions he doesn’t take: pray and think.

40 Likes

I’m sure his next tweet was thoughts and prayers for all the uncelebrity-related deaths that go unreported every day caused by politicians cynically pandering to the gun lobby and making guns easily available and facilitating murders and suicides in every American community and causing just as much pain as the celebrity-related ones even if Donald Trump isn’t aware of them and wouldn’t much care if he were.

But that’s over 140 characters. So he tweets about his next rally and how happy he’ll be to see all his “friends.” Busy day! Much energy!

22 Likes

Great, now I’ll have that same nightmare. :anguished:

4 Likes

Also, there are no misspellings. (Although the comma in the first sentence shouldn’t be there.)

4 Likes

Sorry about that.

1 Like

I was thinking something similar, as in, I’m sure plenty of deaths have occurred since his infamous “you can’t walk down the street” spiel. But only now he yells “Nailed it!” Creep.

10 Likes

Too little, too late. He doesn’t “pray or think,” so comments are unacceptable.

6 Likes

1 out of 2 Corinthians always offer ‘thoughts and prayers.’

17 Likes

The great James Fallows provides a meta data forensic timeline that only makes Trump and his campaign staff look worse

Message #1, now lost to the ages, presumably via Trump on Android;
Message #2, with correct name spelling, via staff iPhone;
Message #3, “thoughts and prayers,” via someone on iPad who realizes that the previous ones could look bad.

http://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2016/08/trump-time-capsule-90-the-death-of-nykea-aldridge/497780/

7 Likes

God is waiting for HO to walk down the street

Smite photo image.jpeg

17 Likes

Condolence as an afterthought is the act of a pig, which is precisely what Trump is.

7 Likes

Hey Orange Shitgibbon…

18 Likes

I’m quite sure the MSM will call Kellyanne Conway responsible for this action.SAD !

3 Likes

Also, there are no misspellings. (Although the comma in the first sentence shouldn’t be there.)

Nobody in Trump’s inner circle can get everything right!

3 Likes

Kelleyanne, once more unto the breech!

(Or in her case, once more unto the bleach)

7 Likes

The man has a cesspool where his soul should be.

4 Likes