Discussion: Trump Names Mick Mulvaney Acting White House Chief Of Staff

Acting CoS? Wait, this is not a job requiring Senate approval.
Acting??

5 Likes

The problem is that in this case, Mickey Mouse would be a ā€œtrade up.ā€

3 Likes

Moving a deck chair from the lido deck to the promenade, I seeā€¦

4 Likes

Itā€™s hard to think of a position that is undercut more by ā€œActingā€ than the Chief of Staff.

10 Likes

Be afraid, be very afraidā€¦

Mulvaney is very effective at what he does, just think of executive orders he will create for the DOTUS to rubber stamp.

The Republicans are running a scorched earth campaign on all frontsā€¦

2 Likes

This guy as COS has the potential to wreck havoc through executive orders, He has serious credibility as an effective regulatory hatchet manā€¦

2 Likes

Javanka requires a 3-month probationary period to give the new coffee boy a test drive.

3 Likes

Heā€™ll show up to work on his first day carrying an Acting Big Chief Tablet.

2 Likes

Mickey has worked so hard to fuck up government that I canā€™t think of a better person to place into the Chief of Staff position; he can fuck that up, too. Of course, is the rate of fuck up, currently exponential, now going to be geometric?

4 Likes

Thank you. Have seen some of the originalsā€¦extraordinary

2 Likes

I truky despise this evil leprechaun.

3 Likes

Eventually the entire executive branch will consist of Mulvaney. Then heā€™ll have the presidency dropped for cost-cutting reasons.

4 Likes

Iā€™m envisioning White House denizens running around, in fast-motion Benny Hill style, doing all sorts of tomfoolery, while Carson sits there, in his usual presentation with his eyes closed.

3 Likes

In defense of Kelly (s**t I canā€™t believe I typed those words), after the way trump treated him last weekend I would be counting the minutes to get out out there. Not giving a darn who they got to replace me.

1 Like

Mulvaneyā€™s got a very special tone-deafness that is exactly what I would wish for a Chief-of-Staff who is ultimately responsible for the crucial messaging that stands between the POTUS and incarceration.

6 Likes

Definition of patriot - obey the law, pay your taxes, be kind to those who have daily struggles in their lives, make sure that no one goes without health care, support public education, make it a priority that people do not go hungry and homeless and donā€™t be a dickweed. This list is not inclusive but is a first step.

7 Likes

I agree, but it is hard to temporarily pause being a news junkie.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a new sheriff in town. Nameā€™s Mulvaney.

I think the main reason he is acting chief of staff is because to make him chief of staff would be to admit that there isnā€™t a whole bunch of people lining up to be his Chief of Staff.

He will make Mulvaney acting CoS and then say that he is doing such s good job he will keep him despite all those highly qualified people lining up to do the job.

6 Likes

I wonder whether the 25th amendment group that was there in the White House according to Ms. Manigault-Newman and others a few months ago is still active or has disbanded. This is the exactly the type of crisis scenario that the 25th amendment was designed to address. Given Penceā€™s bizarre demeanor at the televised meeting, I would not be surprised if he was working on something behind the scenes for his christian conservative base.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available